2.7

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Jun 202016

Silverado 2500

Cracked front dash between airbag and window defrost vent, possible airbag deploy issue. Check engine light illuminates when first engine start or during use on my lml engine: Repeat failing glow plugs, repeat nox sensor and def issues. There have been failing oat sensors, failed driver seat cooling fan(s), defective airbag deploy issue due to possibly poor connector seating. Engine glow plug usully occurs at or near initial startup. Nox fails when underway or near startup. Seat cooling failures have occurred twice. Driving is both city street and highway operation. Glow plug failures usually wherever I initiate startup. Dash crack, possibly affecting airbag deploy has not been warranted, rather, GM wants me to subsidize the repair/replacement of the dash

- Round Rock, TX, USA

May 272016

Silverado 2500

I was driving down a highway road when my vehicle abruptly lost power, I received a warning from my dashboard saying fuel filter needs replacing and subsequently lost engine power which resulted in no power steering and no brakes. I was able to keep the vehicle under control and got it to the side of the road before it became dead. After getting the vehicle towed to a garage it was determined that the CP4 fuel injection pump had failed resulting in fuel being starved from the engine and the result was the engine shutting off. The repairs alone for this single failure are $8550 because this pump has fouled all the fuel injectors and regulators in the fuel system. Most importantly though, I was fortunate enough to be in a position on highway where I had no traffic behind me, and on a relatively straight road where I was able to get to the curb before it become a bigger problem. From what I have found this is becoming a common problem on all of the duramax 6.6L lml engines utilizing this type of fuel injection pump and GM needs to recall these systems and repair them. I do not have the repair invoice yet because the vehicle is still being repaired but will be happy to supply it when I receive it.

- Hoschton, GA, USA

Apr 222012

Silverado 2500 4WD 8-cyl

I have had a recurring problem with my new 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 lt (5.3 liter engine) going into "reduced engine power mode" which also results in the disabling of stability control and traction control. This is a dangerous condition in that it results in a loss of power while operating the vehicle upon the roadway. An authorized repair facility has replaced the number one and two throttle sensors, the accelerator pedal assembly, the throttle body, the alternator, the computer, and a large ground wire behind the dash. A GM engineer was flown in and now the repair center is replacing the engine wiring harness. The vehicle (which was purchased less than three months ago) has been out of service for approximately 30 days. In researching this matter I have found that Chevy has had an ongoing problem with this in various vehicles in its product line since 2003. Although several service bulletins have been produced there does not seem to be a consensus regarding the cause of this problem. All of the parts associated with trouble codes C0242, P2127, and P2138 have been replaced without result. This condition could result in the affected vehicles being rearended, or, because of the loss of stability and traction control, result in a roll over. This needs to be addressed immediately.

- Neosho, MO, USA