- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 21 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 40 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 43 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 44 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
2 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Official recalls have been issued for the 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:IGNITION NHTSA Campaign #14V827000
Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado HD, Silverado LD, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Sierra LD, Sierra HD, Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles. In the affected vehicles, the ignition lock actuator may bind, making turning the key difficult or causing the ignition to get stuck in the "Start" position.
Consequence: If stuck in the "Start" position, the ignition may suddenly snap back into the "Accessory" position, causing a loss of engine, steering, and braking power, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. If the vehicle is in a crash, the air bags may not deploy, increasing the risk of occupant injury.
Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the ignition lock housing, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on February 12, 2015. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-458-8006 (Cadillac), 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet), or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). GM's number for this recall is 14696 for the original equipment, and 14912 for the service replacement parts. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #14V827000 »
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 FUEL SYSTEM, DIESEL NHTSA Campaign #13V615000
Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD vehicles, equipped with 6.6L diesel engines and dual fuel tanks. In the affected vehicles, the transfer pump which moves fuel from the rear tank to the front tank could malfunction and cause the fuel gauge to indicate an inaccurate reading.
Consequence: If the fuel gauge indicates an inaccurate reading it may result in the vehicle unexpectedly stalling, increasing the risk of a crash.
Actions: General Motors will notify owners and dealers will inspect and replace the fuel transfer pump, as necessary, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. The recall began on May 30, 2014. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 13420. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #13V615000 »
Browse Other Silverado 2500 Years
- 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
- 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500