9.9

2013 Chevrolet Sonic accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Sonic:

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments

Jan 162013

Sonic 4-cyl

I have found the switch blade key used by many Chevrolet products has a tendency to operate when the key is put in your pants pocket. On many occasions I have locked or unlocked the doors or released the trunk latch simply by sitting down or walking down the steps.this is a minor problem until you realize there is an auto start feature on this key and I worry that I could accidentally start the car by sitting in my lazyboy with the key in my pocket. The results could be death due to carbon monoxide with the garage being under the bedrooms.the buttons are not recessed and are easily activated by rubbing on your leg. I have had a similar key fob from Ford for many years and have never had any problem like this.

- Olathe, KS, USA