2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
Worst 2012 Sonic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems17
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 17
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems6
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Sonic Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sonic compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Sonic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonic.