- October 22: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 0 days ago
- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 35 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 43 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 56 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 66 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
Worst 2012 Sonic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems33NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems24NHTSA complaints: 60
- transmission problems22NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems8
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 19
- cooling system problems5
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 32
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 21
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 79
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- clutch problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Sonic Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sonic compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Sonic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonic.