- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 25 days ago
- June 3: GM Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles the Automaker Says Are Safe recalls | 29 days ago
- May 22: Chevy Equinox, GMC Terrain Oil Consumption Bulletin Issued news | 41 days ago
- May 19: GM To Offer Compensation For Overstating Fuel Economy news | 44 days ago
- May 16: GM Says Popular SUVs Have Wrong Window Stickers news | 47 days ago
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
Worst 2012 Sonic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems28NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 57
- transmission problems21NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems8
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 18
- cooling system problems5
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 32
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 76
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- clutch problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Sonic Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sonic compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Sonic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonic.