- July 20: GM Recalls 10 Chevy Cruze and Chevy Volt Cars
- July 11: GM Recalls 98,000 Cars For Radio and Seat Belt Problems
- July 10: GM Recalls 686,000 Vehicles With Liftgates That Fall On You
- June 21: GM Sued For Mail and Wire Fraud, $10 Billion At Stake
- June 16: Consumer Wants 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe Investigated
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is fairly new & is already showing an early trend of transmission problems.
Owners report hesitation when shifting & grinding/hard shifting into gears. Some dealers are calling the condition "normal". Another owner reported his dealership replaced the transmission under warranty, but the new transmission had the same exact grinding problem. Design defect?
Worst 2012 Sonic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems19
- transmission problems19
- engine problems16
- body / paint problems7
- AC / heater problems6
- brakes problems6
- windows / windshield problems5
- fuel system problems4
- suspension problems4
- electrical problems3
- seat belts / air bags problems3
- drivetrain problems2
- lights problems2
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1
- steering problems1
- wheels / hubs problems1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Sonic Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Sonic compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Sonic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonic.