4.5

2013 Chevrolet Sonic brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Sonic:

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments

Jul 142015

Sonic

I've had this car for only 2 years and there is always something wrong. First I was driving and it just shut off all the light on dash board went off and from that point on nothing on the steering wheel works. No horn and none of the controls of it are working. My passenger air bag light stays on. Been in the shop 3 times still not working. Now the warning light of over heating come on everytime I have to still in traffic on my way home or driving for a over an hour, have to turn the heater on, on high to get the light and warning beeping to stop. It's already 90°, but if I don't the car start shaking. The reason I bought a newer car was to not have to put it on the shop every 4 months. So no horn, cruise control, not sure if air bag work on passenger side and to top it off have to ride with the heat on while it's 90°outside to make it home safe, ,(I think, ,).. I call GM customer services over and over again, and they tell me there is not other problems with other cars. My warranty is expired. So it's on me.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

May 012016

Sonic

While driving my car for the past year now I have noticed my RPM gauge sticking and revving on its own. It is starting to happen more consistently. When I'm driving downhill the RPM gauge will rev high and stay stuck high. Then when I put the car in park it will rev high on its own and stay stuck and eventually come back down. Something new I have started to experience is when I'm at a complete stop the RPM gauge will start revving up and down on it's own while my car lights brighten and dim and my warning light comes on that I'm sliding which is impossible since I'm at a complete stop. I have also noticed the transmission has started to feel jerky lately with everything else. I just purchased this vehicle almost 2 years ago and I only have 58,000 miles on it.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Jun 022016

Sonic

My vehicle was in motion, straight-line, at 60 mph. This morning on my way to work, my gauge panel went haywire. This isn't the first time it's happened. It's happened many times. I've taken video of this condition and uploaded it to youtube. Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=ivsdeo8lcr8 when it happens, not only does the speed and RPM's fluctuate rapidly and inaccurately, but the turn signals quit working (safety issue!), and since the traction control light is coming on, I assume it has quit working as well (safety issue). The vehicle is under warranty, and I've had it in to a local Chevrolet dealership (rk Chevrolet, Virginia beach, va) for repair. They were told of the youtube video and they watched it. They then tried to reproduce the problem and couldn't. so the vehicle was returned without a repair being done. The problem is intermittent. I've tried contact Chevrolet in another way but they were unresponsive. Time to try something different. That's why I am contacting you all.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jan 012016

Sonic

The senor codes keep coming on. Had it 3months in shop to reset 3times. Now thermostat or senor bad. Wipers didn't work one day after I brought it. The hoses disconnected from hood area. Had to drive home in rain with head out window. The RPM keeps sticking while I'm driving it. I live on S.S. so I don't have a lot of bucks to keep putting in this car. I traded a good car in chev avero with nothing wrong with it.the dealer charged me to much for this car and wont take it back.you ask for date it been going on since Dec 2015 to April 2016

- Inverness, FL, USA

Jan 102016

Sonic

My window in the rear will not go up and down from the front control panel, and my key is sticking they have fix my key once and my windows was wandering what was going on.

- Elk Washington, WA, USA