8.2

2014 Chevrolet Sonic accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic:

2014 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments

Sep 292014

Sonic 4-cyl

I understand that NHTSA has mandated forward-leaning head restraints on all late-model vehicles. The head restraint in my 2014 Sonic is terrible; it shoves my head forward, forcing me to either stare at the instrument cluster or raise my eyes in a kubrick stare to see the road. It wasn't immediately apparent during the test drive, but after 200+ miles of driving in less than a week, my neck is stiff and shoulders feel like rocks. All this pain against the statistically unlikely occurrence of being rear-ended (twice in 30 years of driving)? fail. Absolute, 100%, total fail. My 2012 Cruze had straight head restraints that didn't cause me pain and were still available when I needed to brace (seeing someone racing up behind me, for instance). Please, for the love of G-D, reconsider this idiotic and overbearing regulation.

- Tempe, AZ, USA