3.8

2014 Chevrolet Sonic drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic:

2014 Chevrolet Sonic Owner Comments

Nov 102015

Sonic

I just purchased my 2014 Chevy Sonic lt hatchback a month ago. First the day I bought it I found out I had a reverse light out. The dealer said they would fix it when the license plant cover bracket comes in. The same day I got the car I smelled something burning. I told them about it an they said if it keeps doing it to let them know an my passenger side brakes fell like they are dragging. They said it should come out of it do to sitting for awhile. Well I'm still experiencing it. My oil percentage drops far down when driving for 2 hrs on the highway. The burning smell comes in threw the vents an outside even when the ac or heater is on. Something is not right. I only have 39,000 miles when I bought it a moth ago with 32,000 miles. The dealer said it went through an expectation an everything came back ok when I purchased the car that day. How can that be with burning smell, lights out an only one side of wheel that I'm getting a dragging, grinding noises. They well be looking at it in the next 2week. When I'm driving my transmission feels like its skipping. The acceleration is so off.

- Dakota City, IA, USA