2014 Chevrolet Spark miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Spark:

2014 Chevrolet Spark Owner Comments

Feb 152015

Spark

Car accelerates on its own when braking which is highly dangerous in traffic as car jumps forward when it does this. Continuously runs at over 4000rpm. Car stalls when accelerating making pulling out into traffic or coming off an exit ramp quite difficult and will rev on its own while driving. Continuous engine noise as if car is being redlined. Car also has difficulty going in reverse. Emergency brake does not hold properly. Car will roll backward when in drive and on a small incline. Electrical issues with car where stereo will spontaneously change stations and the dash lights will flicker. Have made complaints to GM continuously and had in dealership more than 11 times for repair of issue. Car was bought in Feb 2015, first taken in to dealership for issue in Feb 2015. It is now Feb 2016 and GM refusing to address issue. Car falls under lemon law and they are stalling to wait out time frame.

- Manassas Park, VA, USA

Aug 152014

Spark

I was driving down the street at 45 mph. It was at night. As soon as I went through the first green light, I accelerated (pushed on the gas). When I came upon the second light, I took my foot off the accelerator to brake. All of a sudden the accelerator was not working properly. It would not slow down. I tried applying the brakes, but it seemed as if the car was out of control. I could not steer right or anything. I hit to curbs and knocked down to city signs. The air bags did not deploy. The fire department along with ems got me out of the car. The car was totaled.

- Augusta, GA, USA