2001 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Sep 162005

My complaint has to do with the running lights and the brake system for the 2001 Chevy Tahoe. I have had my running lights replace numerous times and there is an apparent short in the wiring connection that will have to be fixed. My parking and ABS brake lights keep coming on even though the braking system has been replaced and the lines have been flushed. These lights go off once the car is restarted, but sometimes come back on. This will be my second trip to the mechanic to see what the problem with my brakes is. I think this is ridiculous because I have already spent several hundred dollars that I didn't have, in order to ensure my children's safety. Now after reading about the parking brake, who knows how much more I will have to spend to have it checked to see if that is the problem? since there are parking brake issues, the vehicles should have been recalled at the cost of the company, not the consumer.

- Lugoff, SC, USA

Nov 242004

While driving passenger in the rear seat adjusted the passenger seat and noticed sparks coming from under the seat. Later, the sparks turned into flames. The fire department extinguished the fire because the wires kept igniting.

- Modesto, CA, USA