7.0

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jan 242016

Tahoe LT 5.3L

while driving the engine just shuts down. at high speeds on the freeway its hard to steer to the side of the road. the car then starts right up and you can keep driving. i replaced the fuel pump, and the fuel filter and its still doing the same thing. the car sometimes does not start and there is still 5-6 gallons of gas in the tank. mechanic wants to replace the fuel filter again for $750 this is outrageous

- , santa clarita, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe LT 5.3L

I've replaced the fuel pump on my Tahoe and every now and then I still have problems starting it . Sometimes I wait 15 to 20 minutes and then it starts again . What can this be? I need help to fix this problem . They have put the machine on it but can't find the problem. Please help.

- , Mission, TX, USA

Nov 292008

Tahoe Z71 V8

Very scary problem. Losing all power while driving on the highway is not a fun thing, especially with a pregnant wife and a two year od in the back seat. I just want to let people know that this can happen. I will post the result if I find out what has caused it.

- , Boerne, TX, USA

Dec 102004

Tahoe LT

My Tahoe has been stalling and losing all power. This recently happened while driving at night. No power to anything, including hazard lights. Hugely dangerous problem! Chevy says unable to duplicate the problem - keep driving it and see if it happens again. Totally unacceptable!

- , Santa Rosa, CA, USA