2003 Chevrolet Tahoe lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Oct 032014

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

When I when to pull out of my drive way 3 or 4 weeks ago I turned on my left turn signal and the four hazards started flashing! it stopped and started back up again and now does it all the time!

- Eugene, OR, USA

May 212009

Tahoe 8-cyl

The speed gauge was struck on 10 than 20 it stop working all together about two months go. Iam going to get it fix.

- Castro Valley, CA, USA

Mar 012011

One of the running/driving white lights has burned out and not just once. After replacing this bulb twice it only took a matter of a few days for it to burn out again. Many same style Chevrolet vehicles (mainly Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, and Avalanche) are the vehicles with this issue. On any given day I drive around town or out of town I notice atleast 10 vehicles with this same issue. If these lights are installed for safety reasons (particularly in the gray northwest) I believe both lights should be working as intended.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

May 202006

We have problems with the running lights, dash gauges not working properly. Now the engines is starting to idle roughly and make noises. We got a notice letting us know that there was a recall on a part that runs all of the dash gauges. Some kind of computer thing. I went into the dealership and they told me my car had too many miles to honor the recall and I would have to pay for it!. lets see, we wait long enough for miles to get past 100,000 miles and then they don't have to fix all the vehicles. I can see another Tahoe coming down the road and one of the running lights is always out. We have a 2003 Tahoe. The dash coating started pealing and they wouldn't cover it being replaced. I had less than 60,000 miles at that time. They said that the extended warranty didn't cover this. The Tahoe is shifting real rough at times and will speed up on it's own at times. This shifting happens at least once a day. The gauges don't work at all. (fuel, oil pressure, and sometimes the RPM won't work at all).

- Clifton, TX, USA

Jun 242005

The parking light socket assembly is faulty. It is overheating resulting in damage and eventually ceases to operate.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Jun 232008

When starting the vehicle, check engine light comes on and dash says reduced engine power. Vehicle will only drive about 15 miles per hour. Upon researching this through various internet websites, this same problem has and is happening to a huge amount of 2003 Tahoe owner's and it's always a faulty wiring harness problem - yet GM refuses to acknowledge there is a problem. On a side note, headlights have always been very dim.

- Dedham, MA, USA