2003 Chevrolet Tahoe seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Mar 222013

Tahoe

My wife and 3 sons and 2 other kids were on their way to a baseball tournament. She was stopped while a driver in front of her was making a U turn. She was hit by another driver in the rear mostly on the drivers side corner of our Tahoe. That car went under our Tahoe and knocked our truck sideways. The other vehicle that hit her was traveling at approx. 50mph. My 11 year old son was seat belted in the third row seat on the drivers side where the impact was located. Upon impact his seat belt came unfastened causing him to hit the seat in front of him.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Jun 202009

Tahoe 8-cyl

Rear & third row seating seat belts do not attach all the time proper & outer casing of receiving end falls apart for no reason.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 252005

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Caller received a recall on the seat loop in the second seat in vehicle, and the dealer could not fix it without keeping it over night. Caller did not have recall number. Manufacturer offered no help, caller was on phone with them for 45 minutes. Caller wanted a rental vehicle, but they would not give him one.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Apr 142004

Tahoe 4WD

The rear seatbelt in my 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe allows me to insert the metal buckle between parts of the buckle and the actual receiving end wich it belongs leading me to believe my children are safely buckled in. I had to stop suddenly and my four year-old child was thrown out of his car seat because the buckle was improperly fastened. Because my child is in a booster seat it nearly impossible to reach over and visibly see whihc "hole" the metal buckle was inserted into. Fortunately my son just experienced minor bruising, but it could have been much worse.

- Centennial, CO, USA