1.8

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Feb 022013

Tahoe 8-cyl

You can not lower the spare tire, under the vehicle, this is a big problem and I am not the only person with this problem, the part that holds the spare tire has a spring loaded lock on it that cannot release because of a bad design off it, their is a video on youtube about it (good information about it) you need to cut the tire down with a cutting torch, this is a bad idea around a gas tank, I can not express how mad I am right now because I can't even think of that many cuss words, and it is going into heart a tack mode, I would love to meet the engineer that designed this, and have him change the tire, first you need a tow truck then a shop with a lift then two mechanics if not three and you then need a transmission jack to put upward pressure on the tire to release the tension of the locking device that holds the tire, after you let the air out of the tire, I can overhaul the engine and the transmission and anything else that need to be done to this or any other car, but this is a big big mistake in design, can you imagine a lady having to change a tire on the side of the road!!! if a mechanic (male or female) cant do it, how can the average consumer, do it? and why hasn't this been a recall, I know why it hasn't because people are forced to pay for it and forget it, well I bought the vehicle without looking for this problem because my wife and daughters and sons have all been properly trained on how to handle this problem, but it can't be done on this vehicle or any other Chevy vehicle of this make from what I understand, you can not do this safely, no I don't have a flat tire either I was just explaining to the wife that it may be a little different so I wanted her to see it just incase she had a problem and she would be prepared on how to handle it (wrong) it should take ten or fifteen minutes to do, can't be done, and I can't believe it please contact me.

- Deming, NM, USA