2004 Chevrolet Tahoe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Sep 282012

Tahoe 8-cyl

As I applied my brakes to stop for traffic in front of me my brakes failed causing me to hit the vehicle in front of me. There had been no warning that the brake system had an issue but upon inspection of the brake lines that come out of the master cylinder it appears that one of these stainless steel lines has failed.

- North Reading, MA, USA

Sep 212012

Brake pedal completely depressed and all brake fluid spilled out on driveway. I looked under vehicle and all brake line were visible highly corroded. I've been maintaining vehicles for 50 years and have never seen a failure like this. The brake lines had the appearance of cars 30 years old but were heavily pitted and corroded. I don't want to hear a GM excuse of road salt wear and tear ! this is inexcusable!

- Patchogue, NY, USA

Aug 242012

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the brake pedal dropped to the floor board after being engaged. The contact was able to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnose that the brake lines were corroded and needed to be replaced. There was an investigation NHTSA action number: EA11001 (service brakes, hydraulic:foundation components:hoses, lines/piping, and fittings) that may be related to the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Marlboro, NJ, USA

Jul 042012

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

My brake lines burst and began leaking brake fluid as I put my car in gear and began backing out of my driveway. I crawled under the car and the lines looked corroded. I live in Delaware and purchased the car in northern New Jersey.

- Townsend, DE, USA

May 012012

The contact owns a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated while driving 25 mph the brakes were applied and she heard a fluttering noise. In addition, the vehicle would pull to the right. The contact had the brakes replaced. The vehicle was taken to a personal mechanic for diagnosis and the contact was told the wheel sensor needed to be replaced. The wheel sensor was replaced. The mechanic disconnected the ABS and the fluttering ceased. Afterward when the contact applied the brakes the steering would become tight but only when turning to the left. The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 120,000 and the current mileage was 136,000.

- Glassboro, NJ, USA

Jun 082012

Applied brakes after another driver cut me off and the brakes failed. Check brake system appeared in the odometer along with the ABS light.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA