8.5

$2,600.00

2. replace gasket (2 reports)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Dec 012013

Tahoe Z71 5.3L

I am just hearing about the bad heads. My coolant is disappearing and from what I am reading is that it is cracked heads. Guess I will try to trade it in.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jan 202011

Tahoe Z71 4x4 5.3L V8

I Heard a knocking sound when started and stopped after a few minutes of warming up. I then noticed smoke coming out of exhaust that wasn't normal. I was driving and engine started to overheat stopped and checked coolant was low saw no leaks. I took to radiator shop replaced gaskets. about a week later was filling up with gas turned ignition on "CHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL" warning came on checked with dipstick barely registered on dipstick add a quart took back to quick lube where oil was changed a month earlier they found no leaks. Check engine light had come on was over 100k miles so had plugs and wires replaced engine light stayed off less than 24hrs. I started doing research online and found others having same problem. I called GM Thursday Feb 10, 2011 to file a complaint #71-916749059 they said no "RECALLS" on this problem but there is a service bulletin on this issue. Why if Chevrolet knows this is a problem with the head gaskets not standing behind their product

- , Chattanooga, TN, USA

Apr 012009

Tahoe

My husband bought the Tahoe last summer and know I found out that there is a factory defect regarding the intake manifold gasket and made worse with the use of the GM approved coolant Dex-Cool. Is there any legal action that can be taken being that this is known to be a factory defect?

- , Mankato, MN, USA

Nov 042008

Tahoe V8

It looks like this is a documented flaw that CHEVY needs to be paying for.

- , San Ramon, CA, USA