2004 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Jan 272007

Tahoe LS 5.3

I have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe bought brand new, only 3 years old, only 46,000 miles on it. The oil pump malfunctioned and caused the motor to blow. The dealer has been telling me for 2 days that the entire motor needed to be replaced. They had to take the entire motor to even get to the oil pump. Now, day 3, they are telling me that they can put a new oil pump in it and the motor SHOULD be fine. The vehicle is out of warranty and I am now dealing with GM to get a new motor put in it at no cost to me. There is no reason I should have a blown motor after only 46,000 miles. Also, I have no vehicle to drive while they are doing all of this and they refuse to give me a rental. Meantime, I'm still paying the payment on the truck.

Anyone who has had any similar problems with any Chevy trucks or SUVs, please contact me

Thank you.