2007 Chevrolet Tahoe body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 5 of 6)

Oct 152010

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

2007 Chevy Tahoe. Dashboard cracked around airbags. Concerned that air bags may not for properly operate if needed. GM rufuses to anything about. I see this is a big problem among Tahoe owners per customer blogs.

- Mcalester, OK, USA

Dec 012010

Tahoe

The contact owns a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. The contact stated that the dashboard which led to the air bags fractured. The vehicle was inspected by an insurance adjuster who advised her to contact the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 64,000.

- America, GA, USA

Sep 202010

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Chrome is separating from the left front inside door handle. As a result, the chrome is jagged and I have cut my hand numerous time. I heard that this was a common problem with this model. 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe lt.

- Summersville, WV, USA

Oct 132010

Tahoe 8-cyl

There is a 10inch crack in the hump of the dash above my odometer. I have an 07 Chevy Tahoe with about 40K. I contacted a Chevy dealer and they said it was not a Chevy problem.

- Baytown , TX, USA

Jul 282010

Tahoe

I owe a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. I noticed in July of this year that there is a 2-3 inch crack on the top left corner of the dash on the passenger's side--right on top of where the air bag is! I took the vehicle to the dealer and they said "since it's not a safety issue" General Motors said they will not replace the dash! how do they freaking know it's not a safety issue when it's on top of the air bag"?" and now there's another crack! this one is just to the left of the driver's side instrument panel on top of the dash! this crack is 6-7 inches long. I take super good care of my vehicles, sun shades, regular conditioning, etc. And since the vehicle is 4 years old, there is no reason (other than crappy workmanship and crappy materials and crappy engineering) to have not one but two cracks on a $50,000 vehicle! so I'm guessing when my air bag fails on my passenger side and when my daughter gets hurt in a wreck because the airbag doesn't properly deploy, then it will be a safety issue because I will be all over General Motors. This is not an isolated incident. Check the internet. Hundreds of complaints of the same cracks happening. GM is aware of the problem and is choosing to do nothing about it. Please look into this issue and help us get this problem resolved.

- Pilot Point, TX, USA

Jul 302010

Tahoe

I just purchased a used 2007 Chevy Tahoe and I have cut my fingers on both door handles. It seems that they used cheap chrome plated handles and it is pealing. It is razor sharp. I am just glad neither my wife or kids got cut. Please research this and see if there are others. Dealer will not replace because the vehicle has over 36,000 miles. This should be fixed! thanks

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Mar 092010

Tahoe

I own a 2007 Tahoe lt. The dash is crack above the speedometer and by the passenger air bag. My interior door latches are also peeling and are sharp enough to slice a finger. These problems seem to be pretty common and should be taken care of by GM. You wonder why customers decide to buy imports. Customer service is a big part of repeat business.

- Griffin, GA, USA

Jul 072010

Tahoe

The chrome "paint" on the interior door handles has flaked off and when you open or shut the door from the inside, it gives you a "paper cut." It has cut my fingers several times, you don't even think about the actions of opening or shutting the door before you do it because it is second nature so it is hard to do something to prevent it.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Jun 202010

Tahoe

Interior door handles on 2007 Chevy Tahoe are sharp to the touch and we have received several cuts.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 012010

Tahoe

I am the owner of a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. A few months ago I notice a crack in several places on my dashboard. The most visible crack was located next to the passenger airbag. I am afraid that because this crack is next to the airbag it may possible cause the airbag to deploy and cause serious injuries to a passenger or cause me to be involved in an accident.

- Fairview, TX, USA

Jun 012010

Tahoe

I currently own a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. The chrome on the passenger door handle is peeling. I have cut myself several times when attempting to open or close the door. Short term solution was to put tape on the handle or a band aid. I already have 6 cuts (just like paper cuts) it happens frequently. Please investigate.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jul 162009

Tahoe

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe ltz. The chrome plating from the interior door handles are sharp and on occasion I have to be careful not to move my fingers over the area where the plating meets at a seam. I had a slight cut previously from them.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Mar 242010

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard in 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe. Large crack in corner to the left of the "hump" where speedometer, etc is located. Smaller crack in the corner where the passenger airbag panel sits. Contacted GM to report defect and they opted not to acknowledge this was a problem. Concern is whether this defect will cause airbag to become unstable. Will it deploy unexpectedly because the surrounding panel is compromised? I have located 20+ others on the internet who have complained of the same defect.

- Long Beach, MS, USA

Feb 282010

Tahoe

The chrome plating on the interior door handles peel and create sharp edges that cut and draw blood.

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Feb 012010

Tahoe

Cracks on the dashboard above the steering wheel and the passenger airbag. The cracks over the passenger airbag could possibly be a hazard. This seem to be a common condition in the 2007 Tahoe/Yukon. We have contacted GM with no resolution to the problem.

- Harlem, GA, USA

Oct 152009

Tahoe

5 cracks in vehicle's dash; 2 on driver's side, 3 on passenger side around airbag. Started appearing last fall and GM was notified. Informed by GM, without looking at vehicle, that it was not a manufacturing/product issue and my case was closed. If passenger airbag deploys, the plastic dash will explode into pieces. Dash has yet to be fixed.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Jan 042010

Tahoe

Interior chrome door handles on 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe pealing/flaking creating sharp edges that are capable of inflicting harm/injury to passengers.

- Grand Blanc, MI, USA

Dec 262009

Tahoe

Peeling chrome coating on inside door handles has sharp edges that have cut hand hydraulics on back cargo door already out and I hardly ever use back door.

- Deer Park, TX, USA

Dec 222009

Tahoe

The chrome plating on the interior door handles has peeled and caused small cuts to my fingers. Checked with dealer and of coarse they are not aware of any other problems like this.

- Camby, IN, USA

Nov 012009

Tahoe

2007 Chevrolet Tahoe LT3 dashboard cracked. Cracked while driving on highway. -1 crack 10" long directly in front on steering wheel running from defrost vent towards driver. -3 cracks 6-8" long radiating outward from passenger side airbag towards center of dash and windshield. I'm afraid that if the Tahoe is involved in a collision and the front airbags deploy, pieces of the dash will become detached, injuring the occupants. I have filed a complaint directly with GM, they replied that the crack dash is not a manufacturing defect (they never inspected the vehicle). I was told by a GM representative, if I was concerned for my safety, I should replace the dashboard in the Tahoe at my own expense. Many other individuals have posted photos/descriptions of the same issue with their 2007 Tahoe/Yukon on the internet.

- Laredo, TX, USA