2008 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jan 012016

Tahoe

Mutable cracks in dashboard. This is a well know issue with 07 to 11 GM's. there was no abuse or reason for the cracks. The cracks are causing sharp edges and points that are directly in front of the driver and passenger. As well as exposing internal equipment that could lead to failure including air bags.

- Leesville, SC, USA

Jan 012016

Tahoe

A crack has developed on the dashboard behind the instrument cluster. The dashboard was completely replaced under warranty by the dealer (bryan Chevrolet, metairie, la) in 2010. This is a widely common problem with all GM trucks and SUV in this "class". this is a defect and should be considered for recall due to possible injury due in the event of a crash.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Mar 242015

Tahoe

Dashboard is cracking around the airbag and on top of the odometer/ speed and is a safety issue if passenger side airbag goes off. Potential for it to shoot plastic shrapnel into cabin and it's occupants. I have children and I feel unsecured riding my truck.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 182016

Tahoe

Dashboard cracked and may be unsafe.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Jan 062016

Tahoe

Hello, there is a crack in my dashboard of my 2008 Chevy Tahoe that may very much affect the deployment of my airbag. I really and truly feel that if an accident should occur they air bag will not function properly. I just purchased from BMW in macon on 1/6/2016 and I have an expended warranty.

- Bonaire, GA, USA

Oct 152015

Tahoe

The dashboard has a 6-8" crack, vehicle is garage kept & sunshades. No damage caused to vehicle to cause the crack.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Jan 092015

Tahoe

Dash has cracked in multiple places. First crack is on right side of dash, top left of the air bag panel. Second crack is on left side of dash over the instrument panel. Most people don't think about a cracked dash being dangerous. However, if the airbags are deployed, fragments could become projectiles that can harm passengers. Chevrolet/GM needs to make this right.

- Bourg, LA, USA

Jul 012012

Tahoe

Dash has 2 large cracks above the instrument panel and another one at the passenger airbag. During operation, stabilitrak light comes on, all gauges go to zero, doors begin locking/unlocking, vehicle loses power, radio goes out and clock resets, lights flash, and battery dies as soon as ignition is turned off. Numerous calls to GM and visits to dealership. No fix as of yet. This has been going on for years. Now odometer has reset to zero.

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jan 012014

Tahoe

Tamara recall cracked dashboard.

- Hernando, MS, USA

Oct 262012

Tahoe

While driving 65mph on the interstate in very good driving conditions, I heard a loud pop and realized that my dash had cracked. The crack originally stretched 6-7 inches from the edge of the dash close to the windshield above the gauge cluster toward the driver. The crack continues to lengthen and my concern is this presents a safety hazard that increases as the crack gets longer. Another crack is forming where the airbag is located which will present a considerable hazard in the event of an airbag deployment as any shards of plastic could become potential projectiles that may cause serious harm to myself or a passenger. I have been a lifelong loyal GM customer and I disappointed with the performance of this component. I brought this concern to the attention of the local dealership and they will not address the obvious failure of the dashboard.

- Collierville, TN, USA

May 012011

Tahoe

Dash is cracked around passenger airbag.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA

Nov 122015

Tahoe

The driver side dash board is cracking

- Forrest City, AR, USA

Sep 092015

Tahoe

I have 3 cracks in my dashboard that have appeared over a course of approximately 2 years. I have 2 that are above my odometer and one that is coming from the passenger airbag area of the dash. Driving down the road it is making crackling noises as if it is slowly spreading.

- Lake Charles, LA, USA

Dec 032012

Tahoe

The dash has multiple cracks, exposing the air bag compartment. The plastic/foil outer coating on the door handles are cracked and peeling and have cut people's hands.

- Denton, TX, USA

Sep 012015

Tahoe

Known defect in 2007 through 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe dashboard. Dashboard cracks around passenger side air bag housing causing defects to air bag system.

- Endicott, NY, USA

Sep 042012

Tahoe

Dash board has three cracks in it around the airbag on the passenger side.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jun 012011

Tahoe

The dash of my Tahoe has numerous cracks around the airbag, vents, and the instrument panel. Also the tire pressure sensor has been replaced numerous times and still causes the indicator to light up becuase the sensor failed.

- Corona, CA, USA

May 012014

Tahoe

A crack started to form on the dashboard above the upper left corner of the passenger airbag. The crack has spread and has caused pressure and strain on other parts of the dashboard leading to major cracks in the plastic all the way from the passenger airbag to the drivers side dash 'hump' above the steering wheel. This has been identified as a very common problem/defect with the Chevy Tahoe model from 2007-2011. The cracks are a safety concern since they are starting from and are surrounding the airbags. Any deployment of the airbags are at risk of malfunction as well as possibly causing damage to passengers due to the cracked pieces potential of breaking off and being hurled at passengers upon impact/deployment. GM should recall these models and fix the safety issue.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Jul 022012

Tahoe

Dashboard is severely cracking above and around airbags putting passengers in harms way. This is a manufacturer defect as tens of thousands of owners have reported but GM has failed to recognize as of yet. Please please get someone to look into this as it is a major concern. I'd love to continue to buy american products but my faith in their quality is waning!

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Jul 172015

Tahoe

All six side airbags on our 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe deployed while my wife was driving the vehicle with our two children in their rear car seats. There was no impact, bump, pot-hole or any other reason apparent to us why the airbags deployed. It was completely random. No one was injured and my wife maintained control of the vehicle to a safe stop, but she was stunned and disoriented. The damage to our vehicle is extensive. In addition to replacing six airbags, light fixtures, plastic molding, the roof panel and fabric/liner are all damaged. At this point, the dealer is not helping at all. We have contacted GM but they have not responded after 2 days. We believe this is not only a product liability issue that GM should repair, but also a major safety issue. We are all very fortunate that this did not result in a single or multi-vehicle accident, injuries related to the accident, or injuries related to the airbag deployment. We need help to ensure GM addresses this issue proactively, before someone is seriously injured or killed.

- Alpharetta, GA, USA