2008 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Dec 152016

Tahoe

Driver side dashboard cracked above steering column by front windshield. Vehicle was stationary overnight. Came out in morning to find huge crack in dash.

- Burke, VA, USA

Dec 102014

Tahoe

Cracking dashboard. This has happened over time and cannot be attributed to the speed, direction, or orientation of the vehicle. I feel this can be a safety issue inhibiting the safe deployment of the airbags.

- Wolfe City, TX, USA

Dec 132016

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard in 2 places. This could lead to air bag safety issues.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Nov 282016

Tahoe

My 2008 Chevy Tahoe ltz electrical system would go through a series of phases either when I try to start it up during a cold day or when I am on the highway. This leads to my vehicle either not starting or while driving not being able to maintain speed because the transmission begin to slip. It can also die without warning and the "check engine light" would come on for a while and can disappear after starting up again. I have taken my vehicle to the same service adviser/manager each time I experience this problem and also called gmac to get them involved to be told that they can not duplicate this problem. When ever the codes are pulled, there could be at least 7 at a time. I called gmac went I experienced this for the fourth time and my case number was 71-1326091502 issued on 07/02/2014. Today my case number is 8-2552333596 which was issued on 11/30/2016. I had many other number in between and custom service personnel (gmac) attempt to assist me and the results in the past has been the same each time. However, my vehicle continue to be unsafe. I feel that no one really care but are going through the phases to say that they have done all they can do. My vehicle started to give me this problem at about 107,000 miles, right after my 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty expired which cost about $2400. My vehicle also have a total of about nine plus (problem more) months in the shop at the Chevrolet dealership over time where I purchased this vehicle with no results at the end of each trip but it was taken back for the same thing each time. I feel as if every one is just coving themselves by mouth work whether than by actions. All I know is that this vehicle seem to be a "lemon" and no one has the courage to say so. My vehicle is at al serra Chevrolet North, Colorado springs, co. 80920. There # is (719) 867 2990. My # is 719-282 9771. Thanks for your time. Rev.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Jan 152014

Tahoe

Dash cracking on and near airbag in dash, tried to repair once at a shop and still carcked.. other parts of dash is cracking.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Oct 012016

Tahoe

The dashboard is starting to form cracks through out and around the passenger airbag.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Feb 252016

Tahoe

Dashboard cracks at the corner of the passenger air bag!

- Pacific Grove, CA, USA

Oct 012014

Tahoe

Takata recall dashboard cracking more and more... falling into pieces. Worried it may affect airbags or prevent airbags to work properly.

- Houston, TX, USA

Mar 012011

Tahoe

Is this car a total loss vehicle" carfax says it is, and it happened in 2011. There was a total loss reported by an insurance company"

- Fremont, CA, USA

Dec 202015

Tahoe

I have the same problem with the cracked dashboard as hundreds of other people and the more serious concern is that my brakes go out when I am stopping sometimes causing my car to jolt forward and it sometimes does the same with the gas when I am starting to drive, where it will stall and jolt forward. The dealership has "fixed" the problem two or three times replacing first the hybrid battery and then the regular battery. Neither truly fix it. A couple of days ago, I came within inches of hitting another car because my brakes went out again. I know it has something to do with being a hybrid because there are hundreds of others with the same vehicle who have had the same problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 122011

Tahoe

Dash is cracking everywhere...

- Deweyville, TX, USA

Sep 152014

Tahoe

The front dash board is cracked, it happened in 2014, there was a crack across from top to bottom on the driver side, I did not contacted the company because it was out of warranty already but just a few months ago another crack appeared in the passenger side across from where the air bags deploy, this got me concerned for safety reasons, I started reading more and found out that this is a common issue with most Chevrolet trucks/SUV's. action needs to be taken from GMC to correct this issue and replace cracked dashboards.

- Chula Vista, CA, USA

May 012009

My 2008 Chevy Tahoe dash cracked near airbag and right on top of steering wheel

- Arlington, TX, USA

Jul 012016

Tahoe

My dash has cracked above the gauge cluster and above the passenger airbag.

- Warren, AR, USA

Jul 102016

Tahoe

Dashboard has cracked adjacent to corner of passenger side airbag panel and along top of driver side instrument cluster panel. Cracks were noticed upon entering vehicle after it being parked in front of home overnight. The cracked dashboard is a safety concern in that shards of the plastic may break off during an accident and/or during deployment of the airbags, impaling the passengers.

- Boulder Creek, CA, USA

Mar 032015

Tahoe

Have two area on my, dash board where. Cracks are located, running from the steering to the passage side. Never use any cleaning products, just a damp towel.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jun 012010

Tahoe

My dashboard started cracking when my Tahoe had approximately 40,000 miles, went to the dealership in monterey park ca, and they did not want to do anything. At 60,000 miles another crack appeared and I sent an email to GM, they said it was not a safety issue, they offer to pay only part of the repair. Why pay to have it replaced if it is more than obvious that they made a big design error or perhaps materials used are super low quality. I know I'm not the only customer with this issue, and the cracks keep appearing and growing.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 162009

Tahoe

My dashboard is cracking and it's a big problem in GMC vehicles and this has been reported by numerous people nationwide. This is a manufacturer problem and they should fix it. They say they are not responsible for it and that is not right. My vehicle started cracking like right after a year and that is ridiculous. The cracks are all over my dashboard.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 012014

Tahoe

Dash has cracked to the point if the air bags came out it would be very harmful with all the plastic pieces flying everywhere! didn't get the recall notice. This needs to be fixed since it is the manufacturer using inferior materials.

- Deatsville, AL, USA

May 062016

Tahoe

2008 Chevrolet Tahoe. Noticed cracks on the dashboard towards the front passenger side near the air bag components and cracks on the driver side near the gauges. The approximate failure mileage was 113,500

- Lakewood, CA, USA