2009 Chevrolet Tahoe engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2009 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Feb 122016

Started with a #4 misfire and no engine power and dealer said truck was fine. Finally after 4 cylinder misfiring, dealer agreed truck had an issue and is now saying I need a valve job done for # $1800 but it looks like I should tell them that its the lifters.. 74,000 on my 2007 Tahoe for a $25,000 truck not only that but they are saying if that don't fix it then I need to pay $3500 for a cam shaft. Its running but check engine light stays on.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

May 042015

Check engine light came on and I pulled over and there was no oil. It has been using oilever since I bought the vehicle, it will use anywhere from a 1 1/2 to 2 quarts of oil in between oil changes

- Jerusalem, OH, USA

Feb 132015

Tahoe 8-cyl

Confused why this would happen.. left motor mount broken, right side stressed and cracked. Replaced motor and trans mission mounts.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Sep 022014

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving my 2009 Chevy Tahoe and the engine quit. So I coasted and of course their was no brakes or steering... I could have been killed in this vehicle. I was scared to death. What if I was driving at 65 on interstate? something is def wrong.

- Chapman Vile, WV, USA

Jul 272014

Tahoe 8-cyl

Driving truck East on imperial hwy, at around 40 mph, when the truck had a sudden loss of power, could not accelerate, truck was towed to the dealer, on 9/30/14 I picked up truck from the dealer, 5 minutes after driving it from the dealer, at around 35 mph, it stalled again, truck was taken back to dealer.

- South Gate, CA, USA

Jul 182012

Tahoe 8-cyl

We have had nothing but problems out of this Tahoe. When driving the dash lights flash, door locks move up and down, speedometer will go to zero then back up to speed an so forth, the Tahoe will start gearing down on its own, the air will go off, and the radio will flash on and off. The vehicle has even shut completely off before when going down the interstate. We have replaced the negative ground wires and the 175 amp mega fuse. Second vacation with this Tahoe and still having problems!!!

- Lexington, TN, USA