3.1

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2011 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments (Page 4 of 5)

Jan 042016

Tahoe

Front dash board has cracked in two places.

- Rienzi, MS, USA

Nov 212015

Tahoe

Replaced cracked dashboard in 2013 and now the new one is cracking. Vehicle is parked in garage most of the time.

- Blytheville, AR, USA

Dec 252015

Tahoe

There are several hairline cracks in the dash behind the steering column and around the passenger air bag. This vehicle has 48,000 miles and has been well maintained. I am concerned about passenger injuries not to forget that this vehicle was purchased for $53,000 and evidently has cheap and poor quality materials. I have replaced 2 door handles that became so loose. The dealership said there were bolts missing. A GM product made in America with this poor quality! makes me wonder what is next!

- Stuttgart, AR, USA

Nov 272015

Tahoe

Dash is cracking around passenger airbag and above instrument cluster. Concerned that if airbags went off dash pieces would impale driver and/or passengers.

- Pearland, TX, USA

Oct 272015

Tahoe

Came out to take the kids to school and there was a crack in my dash near the passenger air bag. Crack appeared over night, car was parked in oceanside ca. Concern for passenger and flying debris or if airbag will even work properly. This seems to be a common problem.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Nov 202015

Tahoe

My 2011 Tahoe has yet another crack in the dash. The first time it was changed because I have less than 30000 miles on the truck. Now I have 60000 and it has cracked again. This time they are telling me I need to pay at 250 of the cost of repair! no sir! I'm doing nothing to my vehicle to make this happen and I don't feel I should be responsible for having to change it yet again. This is not far! I used to love Chevy but now I'm not so sure!

- Sunset, LA, USA

Sep 092015

Tahoe

The dash board has cracked at several places, including where the passenger side air bags it happened sometime in Sept'2015, even though the Tahoe always is parked in shade (under the porte cochere) or in the garage. I have called gmac and the dealer several times I have been asked to pay out of pocket $800 for a manufacturing defect as this is a common complaint, on Chevy dashboards.

- Spring, TX, USA

Oct 272015

Tahoe

Three dash board cracks appeared on the dash overnight. One crack near drivers dash area under windshield, two others on passenger side of dash by the airbag. Concerned this could cause issues with airbag deployment or cause proper operation issues. This Tahoe was perfectly fine, came out to car overnight and noticed the cracks.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Oct 132015

Tahoe

We had the oil changed at a lube shop in marble falls Texas and the person that changed the oil told us the transmission dip stick tube was loose so he couldn't check the transmission fluid. We left the lube shop and was driving down 1431 in marble falls when a gentleman stopped us and told us the Tahoe was on fire. We popped the hood and indeed there were flames in the lower part of the engine compartment. We called the police and fire department and they came to our call within 10 minutes. In researching the problem I saw that there is a recall on the tubes but my issue is that we were never notified of the recall and the way the recall is written does not consider fire from the transmission fluid. This happened on 10/13/2015.

- Llano, TX, USA

Oct 082015

Tahoe

I have two cracks in the dashboard that makes the dashboard flop, and I'm worried it may affect the airbags. I am the original owner, the truck has never been in a wreck, never place any items on the dash, and I use a visor to protect the dash during work, and the truck is garaged when I'm at home. The dealer said it will cost approx. $1,000 to replace! why would I replace a defective dash? this should be a recall!

- Bartlett, TN, USA

May 012015

Tahoe

There is a major crack that appeared on the dashboard at the base of the steering section, closest to the windshield.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jun 122015

Tahoe

Cracked dashboard on Tahoe. Numerous previous owners have filed the same complaint. GM (Chevy) refuse to recall this defective product.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Sep 302014

Tahoe

I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe Z71. I was getting in the vehicle and seen that the dash had a crack. I hadn't hit anything, had an accident, nor speeding prior to seeing this. I see that its an ongoing issue with Chevy.

- Port Norris, NJ, USA

Mar 022015

Tahoe

I believe this is a safety hazard due to the possibility of an airbag injury.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 242015

Tahoe

I got into my vehicle and noticed a crack on the dashboard above the instrument panel. That crack became two cracks and now there is one forming by the passenger airbag. This vehicle has never been in an accident. It has just under 18,000 miles and is in immaculate condition. After investigating this online it seems to be a common issue with multiple people reporting the same cracks. I am working with the dealer to replace this (and it will cost me out of my own pocket for part of this) but his seems to be a defect and I think a recall might be warranted.

- Levittown , NY, USA

Mar 272015

Tahoe

I purchased the above used vehicle last summer and the dash at that time had two cracks one on each side of the dash. The cracks are located close to the front airbags one crack has now ran more than half way up over the instrument panel. I had filed a complaint with the BBB and then had spoke with an individual from GM they paid to have the vehicle inspected. Well I just feel like the cracks pose a safety hazard if the dash is that weak that it has cracked then what will happen if I was in accident the dash going to explode or maybe even make the airbags malfunction. GM refuses to fix the dash I am sorry that is not acceptable this problem has apparently been going on for a good while. Why would a company not want to address this problem and avoid possible lawsuits. It's kinda like a wellness program do preventative checkups to save money in the future. These vehicle cost way to much to have such weak and unsupported dashes. I am not the only one who has complained about this and yet nothing is being done. This makes no sense to me at all this needs to be addressed and thoroughly examined. This Tahoe also seems to have other issues it rides like a log wagon and put brand new tires on it last August. Now the front cap is peeling off and it appears to have been touched up it looks like someone took something and just put black spots all over the front. The Tahoe is not driven on gravel roads and is not mistreated. I have had several SUV's and this is the worst one I have owned and I am very disappointed. I will not recommend anyone to buy a SUV made by GM because they do not want to take care of the problem at hand.

- Benton, AR, USA

Jul 102015

Tahoe

While driving on city streets several days ago I heard a loud popping sound as if an object has hit the windshield. After stopping to inspect for damage and not finding any glass cracks or chips I drove on. Shortly thereafter I noticed a noise coming from the dash area and found that the center portion of the dashboard at the radio speaker was loose due to fact that the tab which is designed to hold the center fastener was broken by the weight and movement of the speaker. Upon further examination I found that the dashboard was cracked at the upper left hand corner of the airbag compartment on the passenger side. The vehicle was taken to a local GM dealer this morning due to safety concerns with regards to the air bags either being deployed accidentally or in the event of a real accident, damage to the air bags due to the broken edges of the plastic dash material. Furthermore, personal injury could occur as a result of flying debris from the loose, broken or brittle plastic pieces immediately adjacent to the air bag compartment. According to the local dealer they are and have been aware of these type of failure to the dash components for several years (dating back to 2005) on this vehicle but to date they have issued no bulletins or recall notices. This information is also documented here on your website where I was able to find at least 15 similar complaints filed with NHTSA within just the last 24 months most of which identify the exact same location of failure to be the upper left hand corner of the dash adjacent to the air bag compartment. It seems obvious that GM has no desire to address this issue on their own without being pushed to do so. Your attention to this issue would be greatly appreciated by many, many GM owners.

- The Villages, FL, USA

Mar 042015

Tahoe

I purchased a used Tahoe in August 2014 with 42K miles on it. At the time of purchase the dash above the passenger side airbag had a small crack, approx 1.5 inches. Since then the crack spread to about 2 inches and I have noticed a crack on the driver side dash as well. The driver side crack started small but extends about 4 inches. Everyone I know that owns a Tahoe or Silverado manufactured in 2009 - 2011 have the same issue. Why is this not being repaired at dealer cost? the cracked dash is a serious safety issue should the passenger side airbag deploy. The plastic then becomes projectiles.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 022014

Tahoe

Just bought the car about 3 months ago wit only 53000 mike more less and within the past month the dash has started cracking one of the cracks is so close on the edge to the airbag that I have a fear the the air bag system might fail or even get cut on deployment due to a accident and some can get very hurt due to failure on design of dashboard and dealer won't even cover it under warranty and no recall has been done car is less than 5 years old and only has 55000 miles for this to break and with time it will only get worse

- Miami, FL, USA

May 132015

Tahoe

I noticed several Tahoe owners are also complaining about cracked dashboard for their vehicle. My is above the steering wheel and have spread down about 12 inches. I also agree that it could be dangerous if the airbag is deployed with cracked dash that can cause plastic fragments. In addition, I am very disappointed with the quality of 2011 Chevy Tahoe when it is was priced in upper $50'sk when new. I have owned 2 others in the past with no issues. The plastic material used for constructing the 2011 Tahoe dashboard is too thin. With all these complaints, what haven't Chevy put out a recall?

- Wilmington, NC, USA