CarComplaints.com Notes: This might be the Tahoe sweet spot. The 2013 has a great safety rating (as long as you don't roll it over), tons of room and few complaints. What it doesn't have is the interior accessory problems of the older or newer generations.

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Tahoe:

2013 Chevrolet Tahoe Owner Comments

Mar 312016

Tahoe

Transmission broke it front pump will not move it has 93079 miles.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 022014

Tahoe

This vehicle was purchased from mac haik Chevrolet in houston, tx. Only one key was provided during the vehicle purchase. The other key was promised in an "we owe you" statement, but never received. At some point in time, it is believed the 2nd key was used to access this vehicle at undisclosed location(s) and or time(s) in addition to onstar app access. The vehicle began to make rubbing sounds when turning corners and losing a little power. In July 2014, I noticed my vehicle seemed to shake when going over speed bumps in a manner inconsistent with the way it normally went over speed bumps most times after vehicle delivery. In addition to, the engine seemed to be idling too high at no speed and in a manner inconsistent with the way it performed most times after vehicle delivery. Also, the dashboard is cracked around the airbag. In August 2014, I went back to the dealer for inspection of these problems. I was informed repairs were made to the front differential of the vehicle and the transmission was overfilled. I was provided a statement of the work, but I felt the verbal explanation for the work was too vague being my vehicle was in the shop for approx. 2 weeks. On or about October 1, 2015 I contacted the General Motors Chevrolet customer representative at the phone number listed on www.GM.com as (800) 222-1020. In this phone conversation, I was informed repairs were not done to the front differential, but to the rear differential and or powertrain. No warranty repair information was on file for any such repairs to the front powertrain. I contacted upper management with the dealership and there was no assistance provided to me in proactively resolving this discrepancy. I believe this vehicle may be hazardous based on the discrepancy of repairs and supplemental death insurance for me being attached to this vehicles VIN without my knowledge.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Jan 102015

Tahoe 4WD 8-cyl

Vehicle placed in park with engine running, approximately 5 to 10 minutes passed vehicle began to roll forward hitting side of building causing damage to front driver side bumper.

- Denver, NC, USA

Feb 132014

Tahoe

I was driving up a grade during a snow storm and when I tried to select 4WD I had to take my eyes off the road to find the 4WD control knob, which is hidden behind the steering wheel. I consider this a serious problem because I nearly wrecked while trying to locate the 4WD control knob. I blame this on faulty engineering by GM!

- Keyser, WV, USA