2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT:

2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 142006

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

5 months after I purchased my 2003 Chevy trailblazer I went out to start the car and it would not start. I took the car to the dealer the first time for this problem and various others and was told they could not replicate the problem. I replaced the battery and the car worked for approximately another 5 months and the same occurred. On both occasions the key was locked in the ignition and attempts at jump starting the vehicle failed multiple times. Since the second time happened this morning I have yet to take it to the dealer. This car also has various other electrical problems sometimes the radio goes blank and gets stuck on one station as well as getting extremely hot (was told they could not replicate all of the problems but reprogrammed the radio so it would not get as hot). The dvd player just stops working (was told they could not replicate the problem). The blower motor for the rear air works sometimes and other times it doesn't (this was apparently fixed once already). The reverse lights stay on when the car is in drive (just happened last weekend). Shall I go on?

- Jessup, MD, USA

Nov 052005

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

Double failure of 4-wheel drive indicators. 4-wheel drive failed but the "service light" did not appear on the dash and the led light on the 2wd/AWD/4-hi/4-lo switch did not display correctly. Because we were unaware that both indicators were not working and the 4-wheel drive was not working we attempted to go over a mountain pass during snow conditions under the assumption that the 4-wheel drive was working correctly. I was bringing my mother home from the hospital after a heart procedure. Luckily I was driving carefully, because the vehicle did begin to lose control, but I was able to make the necessary corrections. We were forced to turn around and take another route, which doubled the length of our drive. This normally would not be a problem except for my mother's condition.

- Bend, OR, USA

Jan 292005

Trailblazer EXT 4WD

As I am going down the road the tachometer starts to jump around and then I lose the directionals and my lights. If I turn off the ignition it will not start again. This has happened four times in the past year. The dealership tells me that fuse #22 is blowing. As of today, my truck is still at the dealership and they do not know what is causing it. They have replaced the fuse each time. They also replaced the instument cluster and the ignition lock. I am seeking legal advise.

- Elkhorn, WI, USA

Jan 042005

Trailblazer EXT 8-cyl

Have had my 2003 trailblazer lt 2wd V8 in the shop under warranty many times. First was a recall on the drive shaft which was replaced 3 times. Still have a noise the dealed says they don't hear! next came the taillight recall. Now I have a recurring problem with a dead battery. This doesn't happen all the time and nothing has been left on to cause it. I can go into a store and come out to find it dead. When you charge the battery, then either the heated seats work improperly, the blower won't come on, something different every time.

- Hazel Green, AL, USA

Jun 142004

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

Front end loose, ball joints needed replacement. Driver side seatbelt defective/twisted. Rotors warped needed repalcement. Outside door handle does not open door. Dirver side mirror moves around (programed) without notice. Transmission engages rough, feels like it slipping. Tailgate out of allignment, rear seatbelt defective needed replacement, 4WD locked up in parking lot, front end has scraping noises when turning, heated seats not working, irratic, tailgate panel falls off, driver seat frame broken needed replacement, electrical system irratic.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Dec 222003

Trailblazer EXT 4WD 6-cyl

Complete power failure while driving vehicle in traffic on interstate. Cruising up the interstate at 65-70 mph and vehicle dash went black, steering locked, coasted to roadside and tried to restart vehicle. It took 5 attempts before vehicle would restart. This happened twice more the same day. Dealership had vehicle for 5 days and stated they were "unable to duplicate customers concern", but reprogrammed the PCM anyway.

- Hanover, IN, USA