3.7

2006 Chevrolet Uplander electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Uplander:

2006 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 202006

Uplander 6-cyl

After I purchased the vehicle (nesmith Chevrolet - hinesville), the first time driving it at night I noticed that the headlights and interior lights fluctuated when pressure was placed on the engine. When I took it back to the dealer, they said they could not duplicate. Problem still persists. It is very dangerous at night because some other drivers believe I am flashing at them, and in turn flash their high beams at me, by this time close to me causing me to have to take my eyes off the road. Other times giving large trucks the idea that I am giving them the ok to get back over in front of me, when in fact it isn't. none the less, it is very annoying to be driving down the road at night with the headlights and dash lights fluctuating while applying pressure on the engine. Still to this date nothing has been done.

- Ludowici, GA, USA

Jan 012007

Uplander 6-cyl

Exterior and interior lights as well as the blower fan lose power which makes the lights dim and the blower slow down. Dealer installed a capacitor and positive battery cable shielding as per their bulletin, but this did not correct the problem. I don't believe this should be considered a normal characteristic as I have been told by the service manager on several occasions. I am afraid that one day it will totally lose power.

- Grafton, WI, USA

Dec 062006

Uplander 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chevrolet Uplander. The contact stated that the sliding electric doors open and shut on their own. The failure only occurs when the door is unlocked and with or without the key in the ignition. The current mileage is 17,000 and failure mileage was 12,000.

- Lady Lake, FL, USA

Jan 022007

Uplander 6-cyl

Uplander has had numerous issues since purchase. The electrical issue is by far the worst. Headlight flickering, no interior lights and electrical shocks to persons existing the vehicle. Dealership replaced some alternator fuses or something, which took 3 hours and problem re-occurred the following day, still no interior lights. Vehicle has now been towed because of a thumping sound and it now appears the vehicle is leaning to the right--it is definitely lower in the front.

- Depew, NY, USA

Oct 042006

Uplander 6-cyl

Purchased 06 Chevy Uplander with 21 miles on it. On drive home multiple electrical problems occurred eventually resulting in loss of all dash board components, radio, power sliding door and service engine light occasionally energizing. Car would not start again once at home until hours later. Took in to dealer and they have reported faulty body control module and will replace tomorrow. Am unsure if I should keep this vehicle based on multiple electrical complaints.

- Gig Harbor, WA, USA

Jul 162006

Uplander

I purchased a 2006 Chevy Uplander 3 weeks ago from todays date. We just took it to myrtle beach when my husband noticed all lights were flickering at highway speeds. The flickering lights could be a result of a faulty computer voltage regulation, in that the alternator no longer regulates voltage, this is a very big issue because is not only distract the driver but to oncoming traffic as well. I have the van in the shop as we speak, here are some of the other issues we have... water leaks on both driver and passenger side, due to welds not being sealed at factory. I also have an issue with the radio going out completely when first turning on.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 192006

Uplander 6-cyl

The day we purchases our Chevy Uplander there was a problem with the air conditioning. The dealership replaced the O ring on the compressor and recharged the freon. After 2 and a half weeks of owning the vehicle and 750 miles on the vehicle I went on a trip to houston, tx with my 2 year old. The air began to blow steam and stopped working. I called my dealership and they advised me to call on star. They advised me where the closest dealership was I stopped there and they said they thought it was the actuator and they reset the computer and the air was working again. Two more times the air stop working on my trip. I stopped the car at my grandfather's house and a gas station and it reset it's self and the air began to work. I brought it to tomball parkway Chevy. And after 2 days of driving short distances they could not duplicate the problem. They contacted the manufacturer and they said they were aware there is a problem. They have received other complaints around the us but were not sure how to fix the problem yet. I travel frequently with my child I can not ride in 105 degree heat with her. How do I solve the problem when I am not comfortable having only had the car 3 weeks now?

- Ardmore, OK, USA

May 052006

Uplander

I have a 2006 Uplander - owned it 4 months - and 4 services. Same thing - "low oil pressure" and "service required" on the display. The rattle in the back, and the horn that works when it chooses to. I have had the van - "reprogrammed" twice and am again waiting for parts. Called GM and they said it is only their responsibility to fix it - not let you choose something else - guess I am stuck with it. Repair shop knows my name now.

- Surrey, WA, USA

Apr 122006

Uplander

2006 Uplander MINIcargo van head lights and dash light rapidly change intensity, or flutter. The fluttering is distracting to oncoming traffic as well as to the driver of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The checked the vehicle's charging system and explained that the voltage was supposed to change because the vehicle is equipped with the newer advanced variable charge voltage regulator. This problem occurred regardless of the electrical system load (I.e. A/C on or off, bright light or dim).

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Mar 062006

Uplander 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving at night the headlights flickered upon accelerating or while driving uphill. The vehicle was seen by a dealer. The dealer performed a diagnostic test but was unable to duplicate to the problem. Updated 3/22/2006 -

- Sherrill, IA, USA

Jan 242006

Uplander 6-cyl

2006 Chevy Uplander purchased brand new 2 months ago. The headlights and interior lights are constantly flickering/dimming, with or without acceleration and while radio, and heater are off. Other drivers are blowing their horns at me and I believe this to be a serious safety issue. Vehicle is going into shop for service, however, technicians deny knowing of any such existing issues with these vehicles.

- Depew, NY, USA