2.7

2008 Chevrolet Uplander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chevrolet Uplander:

2008 Chevrolet Uplander Owner Comments

Jan 142011

Uplander

While driving our 08 Chevy Uplander at highway speeds, for no reason, the dic shows.. reduced engine power and service traction control. When this happens the van slows, almost to a stop and cannot get back to speed until it is shut off for at least 5 minutes. This happens several times in a 20 mile trip (at least 5). Our mechanic has put it on his diagnostic computer and shows no problem. This even happens while the dic is showing service traction control and reduced engine power. After reading all the posts online about this specific vehicle ( Chevy Uplander). I am very afraid to drive it. It has occurred while on the interstate at the speed of 70mph. Had to pull over to avoid getting rear-ended, re-start the van, only to get a few miles down the road and it do the same thing, over and over again. Made contact with GM customer service have a case number, but they want me to take it to another GM garage to have it put on the diagnostic machine, again, this will cost $79per hour, out of pocket if they cannot find a problem. Again, this happens for no reason, road conditions are normal. We also have water standing on the floor board, which in the winter time freezes and makes the pedals slippery, still have not found where the water comes from, no one can find a leak. Our mechanic did clean off some sensors and the throttle control, that was a short term fix, now it seems to happen more often.

- Lagrange, IN, USA

Jun 242010

Uplander 6-cyl

Right back passenger door wouldn't close properly 3 days after purchase; took it in for adjustment. 2 years later, during which my baby was sitting next to that door, the latch failed and the door was inoperable. Latch was supposedly fixed. Fuel/oxygen injector failure 3 times; waiting on a part. Taken in for squealing brakes 3 times; was told the brake pads were on recall. 2 years later, I'm still waiting on the brake pads. Anti-lock brake trouble twice, stability control system failure twice, sensor malfunctions on a regular basis, check engine light on a regular basis; each time it is taken to mechanic. I've been told to ignore the problems if the warning goes off the next time I start the car, and to only bring it in if the warnings go on and off a few times. A few times the mechanic has said they can't find anything wrong with it, but the warning lights keep coming back on.

- Huntington, IN, USA