2012 Chevrolet Volt seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Volt:

2012 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Mar 202016

Volt

I was traveling on a straight city street when I was struck by a vehicle coming off a side street that had lost control of their car. I was hit on the drivers side door. I was going about 25 mph. I hit my head on the door frame above the drivers side window. The side air bag did not deploy. I was taken to the hospital where I had a ct scan of my head and neck performed. I had a slight concussion (memory loss). Had head and neck pain after the accident. My car was a total loss.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA

Oct 062015

Volt

I was making a left hand turn and was hit by an SUV who ran a red light doing about 35 or 40 miles per hour on front of my car. It hit the front of my car spinning it to the right [about 160 degree turn] when my car spun I hit the back of my head and left shoulder on the door pillar, my head hurt and I was dazed. The airbags had not gone off I hit the onstar button nothing happened I smelled burning so I turned the car off and got out. I now have a minor concussion due to the failure of the airbags to deploy.

- Fremont, CA, USA