6.0

2013 Chrysler 200 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 172014

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift properly. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was found that computer needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 6,841.

- Tupelo, MS, USA

Mar 152013

200 6-cyl

I purchased this vehicle 11/2012. It is 2013 200S with the V6 engine. I've complained about the torque pull on both take-off and acceleration at highway speeds. It drifts to the right in a short driving distance and the steering wheel shakes at different speeds. I've returned it to the dealer for repairs on four different occasions only to have them say nothing is wrong. The problem began at about 2000 miles, it now has 10,500 miles and the problem continues. Once the warranty expires the problem will be found and I will have to pay to fix it. I do know the torque pull issue is because of the drive line design, the V6 should have a limited slip unit, they can't do anything about that now. The other issues they can, but won't because it costs money. Chrysler got my money but never again. I'm going elsewhere to purchase my next vehicle.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Apr 242013

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that she had experienced multiple failures involving the fuel, electrical lighting and the power train. The vehicle also stalled due to lack of fuel despite the fuel level gauge indicating that there were 40 miles of travel remaining before needing to refuel. Additionally, the headlights would flicker on and off, the automatic windows and interior lighting would engage sporadically and independently, and the engine rpms would increase abnormally, causing the vehicle to accelerate independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was unable to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the issues. The approximate failure mileage was 605

- Longwood, FL, USA

Aug 122013

200

This vehicle does not drive properly. The rpms run high and many times does not shift out of 5 gear while driving at high speeds. I have complained about this since I bought the vehicle, however have been told "that is how this car drives", "it is ok to red line your car". after several complaints the dealership GM finally agreed there was something wrong and the "flashed" my car. After that I was getting 30 mpg highway and it was shifting without me having to take my foot of the gas. Less then 5,000 miles later it is back to the way it was. Dealership now says it is fine, yet I am averaging on the interstate 22 - 25 mpgs. I am so frustrated with the service I am receiving.

- Sturtevant, WI, USA

Oct 252013

200 4-cyl

On 10/25/2013, while backing the vehicle from the parking space, the engine surged in reverse and it was necessary to push on the brake to stop the car from surging in reverse, this is without acceleration. Stopped the car, placed in park and turned car off. Turned car back on and the surging in reverse stopped. Subsequently, on the way home I stopped at a stop light, and the car surged again, and I had to press the brake all the way to the floor to stop the vehicle from going forward. Pulled off the side of the road when the stop light turned green, turned the car off again, and the problem stopped again. Took it straight to the dealership where it was purchased and made an appointment for 10/28/2013 to have the problem studied. The service maintenance had a tsb 18-029-13 that we were not made aware of involving power train issues with the 2013 Chrysler 200. Dealership stated they updated PCM trans flash and the problem should now be resolved. Will wait and see if this is the case. The vehicle has 5,157 miles and was purchased 07/22/2013.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

Mar 012013

200

In December of 2012 - I purchased the 2013 - 200 Chrysler 4dr V6. At about 3400 miles on odometer - it began with engine light off/on (have photo) but dealer cannot find issue nor reproduce, along with a thump/jolt when shifting gears, when driving between 10 - 40 mph. I have been to the dealer and had Chrysler representative ride along and the thump occurred on 3 occasions within 15 min test drive. Chrysler rep stated "this is a normal experience with Chrysler autos" dealer but mopar additive in transmission to "help the gears shift smoother" it did for short while and then the thump started again. Now at about 9000 miles on the auto and a week in the shop for diagnostics, thumping as shifting gears at times seem as if it might stall-out. Dealer offers a trade-out but not able to honor that offer either after three weeks of negotiation. Big disappointment with 200 Chrysler - big $20,600 mistake - dealer only suggestion is to keep bringing the auto back" four trips to the dealers-shop they still are not able to resolve the engine light, nor transmission issue with thump/jolting when shifting gears??" a big vote of no confidence for 200 Chrysler & planet Dodge Chrysler Jeep who has a defective transmission thump/jolt when shifting gears at random times. I am fearful this will cost a big problem in near future.

- South Miami , FL, USA

Jul 262013

200 4-cyl

I started the 2013 Chrysler 200 and shifted the transmission into "drive". with my foot still on the brake pedal, I checked the mileage on our new car and it read 139 miles. I could feel the transmission engage then I felt what seemed to be a second engagement before I took my foot off the brake. As soon as I began driving I noticed the vehicle was not shifting out of first (1st) gear. I stopped the car and shifted through park, neutral and manual in an attempt to free up the transmission but when I started driving again it still would not transition out of first (1st) gear even when put in the manual shift mode. I drove it directly to the dealer without turning off the vehicle, and after a test drive they confirmed that it was not shifting but stated they could not find a code indicating any problem. They restarted the vehicle and it began to function normally again. The dealer said there was nothing they could do, and to bring it back if it happened again.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

Jul 062013

200 6-cyl

Transmission disengaged on the highway and the car coasted to a stop. After waiting 20 min I was able to limp off the highway, but the transmission would not shift out of first gear.

- Allendale, NJ, USA

May 012013

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that removing his foot from the accelerator pedal, the vehicle would continue to accelerate. The contact stated that the vehicle remained at a minimum of 20 mph unless the brakes were applied. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and the dealer stated that the vehicle was functioning normally. The dealer explained that the occurrence was normal for the newer model transmissions they added to the particular year model. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 10 and the current mileage was 1,200.

- Trenton, MI, USA