2013 Chrysler 200 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Aug 042014

200 6-cyl

We drive a 2013 Chrysler 200, 3.6L V6. We have 12,500 miles on the car. This month we are experiencing a stalling problem at slow speeds when getting ready to stop. I took the car on the highway to see if the problem existed at high speeds. I set the cruise control and it died two times in ten minutes. The car started back up with no problems. I checked on line to see if there were any recalls on my 200. There is an NHTSA campaign number 13V043000 (Feb 06,2013) that is categorized as fuel system, gasoline. This may be the issue but the Chrysler dealer did not acknowledge this as a recall for my vehicle. This recall is for a gas tank that has a broken control valve in the fuel tank assembly. I think that my problem with the car could be one that was discovered two years ago on 2011 Chrysler 200 with 3.6L V6 engines. My car has shut off when idling or coming to a stop without a warning sign and no dash indicator light. I turned the key to off and restarted the engine. It started right away and I believe that it let me start it while it was still in drive. My car has stalled (4) times in the last week. The NHTSA opened an investigation into stalling problems on June 22, 2012. It covered an estimated 87,288 vehicles. Chrysler announced they had identified a powertrain control module (PCM) defect in their 3.6L engines. The PCM was initiating a purge monitor check while the engine was at idle or slowing down. The purge resulted in an "overly rich vapor condition that caused the engine to stall". Chrysler developed a software patch which reprograms the PCM. The patch was released as part of a "customer satisfaction program" in September 2012. The NHTSA closed the investigation and did not force Chrysler to issue a recall because Chrysler classified the problem as "low risk".

- Omaha, NE, USA

Oct 082013

200 4-cyl

When I start the car on a "cold" start - it pulses and acts as if it is going to die out. I have to push the gas for it to catch and run normal. I have contacted Chrysler and they are telling me that I have to deal with it because it is safe to drive and they have no solution for the problem as of right now. No timeframe for the solution!! this is not fair. I bought this car new with 69 miles on it. Drove it home which is about 40 miles home and the next morning it starts this junk. Dealer said it was "normal" and most new cars do this. It also had a rubber burn smell. That too was said to be "normal".

- Graham, WA, USA

Dec 262013

200 6-cyl

2013 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to numerous repairs and vehicle recalls issues. The check engine light illuminated. The technician diagnosed the code P0441 evap purge valve. The water pump, gasket, serpentine belt, idler pulley and multi-function switch were replaced.

- Union Beach, NJ, USA

Jun 212013

200 4-cyl

I bought my vehicle in May 2013. So far I had to make 3 trips to the dealership for check engine light. First, I was told it was the fuel cap, it was replaced. Second, I was told it was the fuel cap/system again. Third, I'm assuming it was for the same thing again, but this time I wasn't told anything. Now my check engine light is on again. An again, it's probably gonna be the same thing again.

- Prewitt, NM, USA