2013 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Oct 262016

200

Takata recall anyways the dashboard is making a loud knocking noise on the passenger side!

- Slc, UT, USA

Aug 092016

200

We were in an accident my son and husband were in the front seat and the both had injuries. My son had neck injury and I feel that it is due to the headrests in the vehicle. I would just like for this to be looked into. We were at a stop when the vehicle was rear ended by 2 vehicles. The headrest literally blew open. Prior to this the wipers would turn on, anytime we used the signal light.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Aug 042016

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While driving 50 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA

Aug 042016

200

My airbag light keeps coming on as of this morning. 08/04/2016.

- Hendersonville, TN, USA

Jan 032015

200

I have had a brakes problem with this car. I reported it to Chrysler and they said for me to take it to a dealer the dealer wanted to charge me a large amount of money to check it out. So I took it to my mechanic and had my brakes change. I still have a problem with the brakes light coming on. I also was rear ended and both airbags was deployed.there was no one in the passenger seat.I don't know why the passenger airbag came out.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Jun 132016

200

I was in a car accident, the front air bag on the driver side burst open and all this mist of dust came out of the bag. The bag hit my face, under my mouth, and pushed my hand against the driver door and the left hand broke. The other airbag did not burst open like the driver side. I had red marks on both arms, face, and chest, with a not under my chin. I have being have headaches everyday since the accident.

- Fairburn, GA, USA

Aug 062015

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While driving at 35 mph and attempting to place the vehicle in cruise control, the vehicle started to jerk. The contact also complained of a rattling noise coming from the vehicle. The contact stated that the failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the clock spring was inoperable and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 42,000.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Aug 132015

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While starting the vehicle, the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Seagoville, TX, USA

May 062014

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While traveling approximately 35 mph, another vehicle crashed into the driver side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained whiplash, neck pains, numbness on the left side, and pinched nerves that required further medical treatment. The vehicle was destroyed and was not inspected. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Rocky Mount, NC, USA

Apr 082015

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator was illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Cincinnati , OH, USA

Mar 242015

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 35 mph, the contact heard a loud bang and the passenger side head restraint exploded. The air bag warning light illuminated. The contact sustained hearing loss in the right ear, which required medical attention. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer per the manufacturer's request. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 37,500....updated 06/03/15

- Sherman, TX, USA

Nov 282013

200

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. While at a stop, the contact's vehicle was rear ended. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact did not sustain any injuries and no medical attention was received. A police report was filed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Minco , OK, USA

Jan 072015

200

TL-the contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Djr

- Shelby Township , MI, USA

Oct 092014

200

I have brought my car back to ron bouchard dealership 4 times to have air bag light repaired and today 11/05/14 and my light is still on. I don't know if bag will deploy while I'm driving. I feel very unsafe in car.

- Fitchburg, MA, USA

Jun 082014

200

I was involved in an accident on Sunday June 8, 2014. My son and I were crossing at an intersection after stopping at a flashing red light half way through the intersection we were hit by an SUV moving at a high rate of speed. The vehicle struck us in the front passenger door at full speed knocking us all the way across the intersection and over the curb before we came to a stop at no point during the crash did the side curtain airbags deploy. My son was driving and I was in the passenger seat both of us ended up in the emergency room. Him for his upper back and me for my lower back and my leg where the door was bent in and slammed into my leg.

- Romulus, MI, USA