CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

5.8

2015 Chrysler 200 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jul 252016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact waited for approximately a minute to restart the vehicle and drive home. The vehicle would not start again and was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power distribution center failed. The vehicle was repaired back in November of 2015 for the same failure. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 282016

200

In June 2016 the AWD light came on while I was driving on the parkway. A call to the service dept. Said it could be a glitch in the computer, turn it off for a while and restart. The AWD light continued to light up. I took it in for service the dealer said it was a computer chip problem (ptu module was bad) that took 4 days two fix.two weeks later on 7/18/16 after noticing dark spots on my driveway I took the car in, the diagnosis was a leak of transmission fluid in the bell housing causing the transmission in a 2 year old car to be replaced. An hour ago, (7/28/18 9:30P) I was driving 60 miles an hour on the gsp when the battery light suddenly came on and "shift to P" message came on in the dash. The "D" on the gear shift panel started flashing about a min later the vehicle began to lose power. I pulled over and restarted the car. It started up I was barely able to get to the side of the road on a dark highway with lots of traffic. It was a catastrophe in the making! this is the 3rd major issue with this new vehicle.

- Roselle Park, NJ, USA

May 202016

Engine stalls out.

- Spring Lake, NC, USA

Apr 232016

200

The vehicle has just shut down in midst of driving no warning nearly rear ended on three occasions. Then will not shift into any gear it has been sent for repair twice. I am afraid to drive it again in fear of being in an accident due to vehicle shutting down with no warning. Vehicle is always in motion when this happens on busy city streets, when driving or turning. Please help! this is the 3rd episode 3/24/16, 4/16/16, 4/23/16

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Apr 092016

200

I was about to turn right onto the street, when I felt loss of power. The car etc, mil, and etc indicator lights came on. Transmission goes into stall mode, does not go over 30 mph, speeding up and slowing down and shaking excessively. I've only had this car for 10 months. Now if this was to have occurred on a weekday I would have been on the freeway and this would have caused a major accident.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Nov 012015

200

This vehicle has experienced transmission problems since month two, taken in multiple times to be told a variety of reasons why the car isn't working. Car stopped twice in the middle of the road, wouldn't start or move (with my children in the car both times). Currently car will speed up when you take your foot off the gas, also car transmission thuds into gear feeling like the car is literally going to fall apart. Been told that everyone is aware of the problem, no one has a solution. In the mean time the car is clearly unstable, unsafe.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Sep 242014

200

I have been trying to get my car fixed for a year. The dealer mac haik in georgetown tx has said that they cannot replicate the problem. My car hesitates when I step on the gas and when it is put into gear it lunges. This is particularly annoying when the car first starts. I have told them over and over and they just say that their transmission man is out on leave. This is a beautiful car that I absolutely hate because of how it drives. I contacted Chrysler and they said it has to go through the dealer. I am frustrated and very aggravated. If this is the american import of the year, we are in dire straits. This is an unsafe car! this was not the car that I demoed and when I said something to the salesperson, he and the service person said that the car had to adjust to the way I drive.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 152015

200

On Sept 23, 2015 I took my car into ed voyles because I had been experiencing problems with the shifting of the transmission of my car. The check engine light came on and the transmission was bucking and jerking while driving 30 mph. I had to throw the car in neutral for it to stop. The service mechanic test drove my car on Sept. 23 and noted that it was shifting hard but since there was not an open recall for it they could not fix it. On October 24, 2015 I received a letter in the mail stating that the an open recall on the power distribution center and electrical connector. I tried to schedule an appointment to get this problem fixed with ed voyles (the place I purchased the car from) to no avail. They informed me that Chrysler was not accepting orders for the part that I needed and that they could not do anything until Chrysler let them order parts. I just purchased this car in February 2015 and it should not be doing this at all! the recall states "this may result in an engine stall or a shift to neutral event. Either of these conditions may cause a crash without warning. This is a serious problem and my safety and my life is at risk and the dealership is not willing to fix it. Please help before I get an attorney involved for lemon law violations in the state of ga.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Apr 072015

200

1. 1st car shutdown April 7,2015 - stopped accelerating while in motion. All warning lights illuminated on dashboard; warning statement indicated "transmission failure"; drive shift lift blinking and could not shift 2. 2nd car shutdown April 10 Chrysler 4/10/15 the very next day the same scenario occurred again - car shut off while in motion and all warning lights illuminated with indicator "transmission failure" displayed; drive shift blinking and unable to shift gears when at complete stop.4/20/15- received call from Chrysler confirmed transmission test failed per recall RO8 and transmission must be replaced. I'm Chrysler recall #R08 NHTSA recall #15V090 recall date 2/10/15 safety defect/non compliance description and safety - damaged transaxles internal could cause park rod failing to engage park feature received car on 5/1 - total transmission replacement 3. 12 noon - 6/3/15 car fails again. Warning light "serv trans" and "engage to park failed " 9/15/15 oil change completed 4. 9/17/15 car stalls while in idle park position. Turned car off waited 10 minutes while reporting to roadside asst then car starts. 5. 9/20/15 @ 1800 attempted to update software for R40 recall. Followed instructions but when the screen did not change as per instructions I called uconnect help line and was told the wrong device was sent to 2015 models. 9/20/15 @1900 9900 miles car stalls three times while in fast food drive thru, at red light on bullard, while driving on major street - drive shift light blinks - also, when placed in park, car continues to move 6. 9/22/15 car stalls again in the middle of the street despite repair of safety recall R24 power distribution center electrical connector. Car isn't picked up until 2130.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Sep 132015

200

I was on my way home from work when at a red light my check engine light goes on, transmission and park break service lights go on and as the light turned green my car did not accelerate. I put my car on park turned my emergency lights and then shifted to drive. My car then kept changing shifts. As an attempt to get my car home which is only 7 min from work I drove it slowly and every stop I made my car would take at least 2-3 minutes to accelerate. As I arrived home the steering wheel got hard and displayed a warning to put emergency break to prevent from rolling.it then displayed service transmission, service park break, service engine. The next day I took my car to the dealership but was told nothing about a recall for my car.

- La Puente, CA, USA

May 192015

200

5/19 the engine stall while driving of NJ parkway, was able to coast to side of road. Towed to dealer for service, dealer said it was a sensor. Got the car back on 5/21. On 5/23 it happen again, the vehicle was towed back to dealer for same issue. Was told some pins were loose in the wiring harness. Got the car back on 6/6. on 7/6 it happen a third time, on 7/8 the dealer told me they could not duplicate the problem. Car still at the dealer service area liccardi motors. When I called to talk to the dealer, I was told to claim lemon law you must go through the courts.

- Roselle, NJ, USA

Apr 212015

200 4-cyl

My family and I where exiting the freeway off-ramp, when all off a sudden the car stalled on me. My kids where absolutely scared, they where very nervous when a car almost hit us. On one occasion a car came from the side swerving towards us honking nearly side swiping us. At this point in time I am very dissatisfied with the safety of the car. My family means the world to me, never did I think a brand new car will give me an absolute turnaround on the safety outcome it's given us up until now. I received a letter along with a phone call about the recall on the make and model that I purchased (Chrysler 200) recall status. I immediately set up an appointment with the dealer to take it in for the following recall service: 14113 RO1 recall wc 0.50 reprogrammed PCM and tcm module. Then 14 days after the service, the car broke down on the freeway putting myself and my family in harms way of a tragic accident. My wife is terrified at the idea of driving that car again for fear that something might happen while she's driving alone just her and our kids. At this point I am very concerned for my family's safety with this car because it could it been a lot worse. I expect a speedy solution to this issue and I am seriously considering trading in this vehicle for another with a better safety record.

- Lakewood, CA, USA