CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Nov 102016

200

I was involved in a 3car accident yesterday 10-10-16 Thursday where I was the middle car on a city street approaching a red light to stop. I'm not sure if my veh was completely at a stand still of it I was still in motion at about 3mph or less but another car ran into me forcing me into the van in front of me. Although my car filled with smoke and I could smell rubber, and the icon on my dash shows the air bags came out- but they did not. I didnt realise the my car assumed the airbags came out until I got in the car to drive away and the seatbelt was and still is locked as if im not suppose to be driving because my car believe the airbags are out at this time and im unable to drive it and they are not which leads me to believe there may be a faulty parts issue going on with my car.I have contacted my manufacturer but have heard notanything so far except it was moved up to their legal dept.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Mar 092016

200

Seat belt can not be properly buckled with child safety seat installed in back seat. Seat belt gets covered by child safety seat due to Contour of the seat.

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Jun 032015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the vehicle came to an abrupt stop without warning. The contact stated that the drivers side seat belt failed to unlatch. A bystander hit the seat belt button with his fist to unlatch the seatbelt. The contact and the passengers opened the doors and exited the vehicle. While the doors were still opened, the locks independently locked. The key fob failed to unlock the doors. The vehicle was unable to be shifted into park or neutral. The vehicle was towed to an impound lot and was eventually towed to the dealer. After the incident, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The dealer diagnosed that the pdc and the PCM needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

May 052015

200

The contact rented a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at 5 mph, the seat belt continued to retract around the rear passenger side. As a result, the passenger was unable to exit the vehicle and had trouble breathing. The contact had to fracture the seat belt in order to release the passenger. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,600. The VIN was unavailable.

- Davenport, FL, USA