2.9

2005 Chrysler 300C miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler 300C:

2005 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments

Aug 032015

300C

I was unable to get the car out of park. The gear shift was stuck in park. I contacted the dealer who said there was a recall but did not include my VIN. He told me how to bypass the problem to drive it to a mechanic. The shift assembly was replaced at a cost of $427.08. I would like to be reimbursed or know why my car was not in the recall.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 032015

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 302014

300C

On satot having be.8/30/14 my 300C was parked in the garage. I not used the care to go to my veterans hospital appointments and could not go because I could not get the gear shifter out of park! I had to call usaa for a tow on a flatbed truck to darcars Chrysler waldorf, md who has maintained his car for many years. I was told by the ice manager that the problem was a pink plastic piece in the center counsel and its spring that failed, and is a common occurance in this vehicle leaving it unable to move at all-trasmission and rear wheels locked by shifter. I checked your pages for recalls and I saw two recent ones of the same car/style/yearas mine. I need my car it has veterans "dv' plates as I am totally combat wounded and disabled. I think Chrysler must pay for this repair as it is their fault, they knew it for years, and I am thinkming of filing a federal court class action under 28 usc in.md as was against GM and Ford.

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Aug 302014

- Accokeek, MD, USA

Mar 102014

300C

When I bought the car at bredemann's cheverolet last Tuesday, they forgot to fill up the tank so I took the car back today to get filled up. After they filled up the tank I went on my way and before I can get on the road the engine died. I restarted it and it stayed on a bit then died again. After a few times of this the car eventually started and seemed okay so I got on the road, after driving a few feet the engine died in the middle of the road. So I restarted it again and turned around and went back to the dealership. The salesman took a look at it and we drove the car around the lot a few times and it seemed okay so I thought wow, that was weird...I thank the salesman and went on my way I got a few blocks and the car died again in the middle of the road. It's a pretty scary feeling because it would die all of us sudden while driving. I just bought this car. I've been reading reports and forums all day today and it looks like this is a common problem with this type of car. Would this be part of a recall or would I be responsible to fix this. I can't afford big repairs right now, considering I've just put down cash to buy this car.

- Skokie, IL, USA