2.1

2006 Chrysler 300C drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300C:

2006 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Aug 302011

300C 8-cyl

My 2006 Chrysler 300C would not shift out of the park position. I drove it to work that morning with no problems and parked in the parking lot, when I came out to leave after work, it started fine, and as I started to back out of my parking space, the gear shift would not move. I tried moving the steering wheel, shutting the car off and on, and had someone to rock the vehicle with no response. I called a friend and he came over to help me, and could not get it to move either. We went back to his shop and googled it and found that it is a common problem with 300's, avengers, and one other model I cant remember. All you have to type in is Chrysler 300 stuck in park, and you get alot of replies. He read how they had taken the console apart and moved a release lever. We tried that and it didn't work. We then had to use a screwdriver and move a pink thingy to get it to release. I am able to drive the car, but I cannot use P (park) because it locks again. I am using neutral and my emergency brake to keep the car from rolling away. I talked with Chrysler and they said some models had been recalled but not unless they had already been replaced before. Mine is the shifter from the factory and is not included in the previous recall.

- Crumpler, NC, USA

Jul 102011

300C

Car shift lever was stuck in park. Called Chrysler dealer and was told no longer under warranty. Had to have car towed to Chrysler dealer where shifter assembly was replaced. Found customer satisfaction notification K39 on internet. Called Chrysler group recall assistance center and was told that recall did not apply to my specific VIN number even though my car meets the listed specifications.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 312011

300C 8-cyl

Transmission shifter interlock lever is faulty. A broken interlock return spring hook will result in the inability to move the gear shift lever out of the "park" position. Chrysler issued letter to some customers. Here the link to the letter : www.Chrysler.com/webselfservice/pdf/K39.pdf problem is they issued a recommend free repairs to some owners that might have a problem for there 2006 300C car but why cant they offer free repairs to everyone with same model cars and have the same problem. Also when you go to the dealership to buy the part to repair, you are put on a waiting list because the parts not in stock because of all the people that need to get there cars work on. My car was not able to shift and was stuck in park 2 hours waiting for a tow truck that can tow my car home. The dealership employee are aware of the problem, also the fact that some people are covered for repairs and other people with the same model with damages are not covered just doesn't make any sense.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Dec 052010

300C

No event leads up to this event. The shifter for automatic transmissions has a plastic part in 2005-2007 (and maybe more) that is poorly made and breaks. I have seen hundreds of complaints on the web. This happened to my 2006 Chrysler 300. Chrysler's solution is to replace the entire shift mechanism that includes the same poorly manufactured plastic part.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Sep 072010

300C

300 C Chrysler gear shift is stuck in park.... Chrysler dealership will not do anything to help problems. I have had nothing but problems since I own a Chrysler...

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jul 302010

300C

The shifter or gears on my Chrysler 300 touring will not come out of park. This is an ongoing issue on these vehicles. The dealer will require me to pay out of pocket for an issue that should be resolved through a recall.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 132010

300C

My 300C seemed to stick sometimes, but with a nice pull it would engage, until yesterday. I'm glad I was home, my gears stuck in park and I have no idea what to do now. I hope there is a recall on this part.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Jun 292010

300C

2006 Chrysler 300 srt8. Transmission locks in park. There have been several forums regarding this type of complaint. A part made of plastic commonly breaks costing a large repair bill. The part is not a regular maintenance item. I believe there is a recall on the 2005 model where they refer to it as a "pawl." It may also not allow the driver to put the vehicle in park, but I'm not having that problem.

- Chico, CA, USA