2006 Chrysler 300C seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300C:

2006 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 012016

300C

I have received (several) notice about my air bag inflator housing having to be replaced. I've been to the dealer. The replacement part isn't available. It's been more than a year and no one is concerned except me. I feel like I'm not safe, I drive 100 miles a day (round trip ) for work. What if anything can I do? I can't afford to replace the car at this point.

- Lewisville, NC, USA

Dec 022016

300C

Takata recall I requested remedy parts from fca online on 7/26/16. I received ref #29780030. As of 12/2/16, I have not received a notification that the parts are available. I called landmark Dodge Jeep in chamblee, ga and they said that they have not received a single replacement part for recall S43/NHTSA 16V-352. To me, this is an excessively time to be endangered by this safety recall. Please advise me via skierguy@comcast.net or calling 770-447-6607..

- Peachtree Corners, GA, USA

Jul 012016

300C 8-cyl

Chrysler 300. Consumer writes in regards to no remedy/replacement part available to repair passenger side airbag recall notice.

- Cary, NC, USA

Sep 012014

300C

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Jul 012016

300C

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The dealer stated that the part was unavailable and had no time frame to provide the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified and was unable to indicate a specific time frame the part would become available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Kittrell, NC, USA

Jul 222016

300C

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 16V352000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect and VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Christiansburg, VA, USA

Jun 302016

300C

Today for the 1st time since I've had my Chrysler 300C hemi 5.7 liter V8 just randomly stopped at a red light. After taking out the key and restarting the car back up it continued to run, but as soon as we drove off at a low speed you can hear the engine shake and stumble a bit and wanting to stop. I have never encountered problems before since I got it back in 2014.

- Pico Rivera, CA, USA

Oct 012015

300C 8-cyl

2006 Chrysler 300C. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts no available to repair driver airbag inflator recall notice.

- Belton, MO, USA

May 202015

300C

"takata recall" I have taken my vehicle twice to the dealership to have the problem rectified and they keep telling me they will call me when my name comes up on their list. It's almost a year that has passed and I am still waiting.

- Gilroy, CA, USA

Aug 262015

300C

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Wheatley Heights, NY, USA

Sep 092015

300C

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Raymore, MO, USA

May 292015

300C

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Olathe, CO, USA

Aug 232014

300C

Takata inflator, engine failure, fuel tank replaced vehicle wass shutting off while driving before fuel tank was replaced and after fuel tank was replaced.. under a extended life time warranty. Took to another dealership in palestine Texas told them vehicle was shutting off while driving and fuel tank was replaced by another dealership in tyler Texas. They could not figure out what was wrong, they said it was ok to drive until they receive a response from Chrysler (a star case)or something like that.they said there was no response from Chrysler until one day II went to start the car and it didn't start. I called dealership in palestine dealership, had it towed to them. 16 miles later and 15 days later, I was told I needed complete motor. Metal pieces in intake and 2valve seats had dropped.later on 11/20/2015 had the head took off to confirm damages to the head and valves.also on 12/19/2014 when vehicle towed in, they started the vehicle and was accelerating the car I was right there in the waiting room, thinking it's fixed, then come tell me I need a motor.

- Palestine, TX, USA

Oct 072015

300C

Takata recall: It's been more than two months that I've gone to the dealer to have the air bag replaced. (they are on back order) I still haven't been contacted about the repair. North point Chrysler/Dodge in winston salem.

- Lewisville,, NC, USA

Oct 282015

300C

My airbag light comes on intermittently and I am not sure if it is safe to drive. I realize there is a recall already in place to fix, but I am being informed by my dealership and by my Chrysler customer service rep rep that my airbag can not be repaired until December 2016 that is over a year from now and 19 months from the original recall of May 29, 2015 airbag recall number 15V-313 that is ridiculous. I understand this is a big recall, but my issue is that dealerships are only fixing one car a week per (Chrysler) regardless of how many parts are sent to dealers. If this truly a "safety recall" how is that allowed to happen? I have all dates and times of who I have spoken to at Chrysler and the dealership.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Oct 212014

300C

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags)however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Selma, NC, USA

Sep 212015

300C 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/18/15

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 152015

300C

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carson, CA, USA

Aug 032015

300C 8-cyl

2006 Chrysler 300. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to complete driver airbag inflator recall notice. Recall # 15V313000.

- Nampa, ID, USA

Jul 012015

300C

I received a notice from NHTSA that the driver airbag inflator had been recalled. I called the dealer where I purchased the car at riverside moss bros. They put me on some list claiming they have no parts and that as the parts come in they work off their list and I will get a call. I have called them back weekly since with no help. They claim they only get two parts for the recall repair each week. So if I'm lucky they might fix it in the next two or three years. I called an online parts vendor and they said I could get the parts by ups in a week or less. So the dealer is playing games with people. I went online and wrote the owner Mr. Moss who puts on a show of how important his customers are but he or a minion never replied by phone, letter or email. These guys don't get it. Next car will be from another dealer. Just need help getting the recall fixed.

- Riverside, CA, USA