2007 Chrysler Aspen electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Aspen:

2007 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Jun 242016

We bought the Chrysler Aspen with the hemi engine new in 2007. The following year the problem began to rear its ugly head. Constant electrical problems due to water intrusion from the sun roof due to poor drainage. Truck was serviced numerous times by Chrysler with no positive results. Truck is hazardous to drive because all dash board lights will go on when it's raining or after its rained which causes a distraction while driving. This issue has happened while driving on a highway at 65 mph, city streets and also while the truck is stationary. This issue has been documented numerous times and Chrysler has made no effective engineering remedy. They even blame the environment I.e.trees for causing the problem as refusal to honor their warranty. We purchased the truck with a lifetime warranty and the truck was serviced in an attempt to correct the systemic problem. It is Chrysler's position that the environment is the cause of the problem not the engineering of the truck. Their are millions of cars and trucks with sunroofs that are left outside that don;T have leaks or electrical problems because of poor drainage. We have 32 pages of invoices from the Chrysler service dept, the vast majority are electronic problems. When we called Chrysler Corp. And finally spoke to someone today 6/24/16, we were told its the environment we can't speak to anyone higher then her, case closed, life time warranty voided for electrical issues.

- Glendale, NY, USA

Jan 132016

Two weeks ago, we had the air bag repaired at the dealer due to a recall. Today, I tried to turn on my car, it would not turn on and all inside lights are flashing. I towed it to the same dealer and they told me that the electric modules could be the problem, they suggested to change the front control panel and charge me $1,600. If problem persist, they might need to check other modules, I.e. $4,000-6,000 charge. Before changing the air bag recall, I never had a problem. Can you help please.

- Calgary, AL, USA

Oct 062015

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Aspen. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the gear shifter was stuck in one position. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 109,000.

- Newark, NJ, USA

Aug 032014

Aspen 8-cyl

My wipers comes on every time I start my truck. On 8/3/14 it was raining and I had the wipers on high cause of heavy rain and they stopped working and would run slow. The wipers would intermittently malfunction and cause the wipers to become inoperable or it would operate abnormally. I also have problems with my the turn signals, the signal selected was opposite of the signal activated. When activating the left turn signal the right would activate. The same happens when the right signal is activated the left activates erroneously.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Jul 242008

Vehicle just died, dash lights started flashing off and on, seat starting moving back and forth on their own even without the key in ignition. 7/24/08- towed to repair shop. 7/25 called it was ready, 5 min up the road it died again on the freeway on me. In shop 7/25-7/30- checked PO591, PO585, PO593, PO579, U0019, UP141, vesu0019, cleaned coded drove 18 mi. Pa#UN07079210730-rental code inv.826940 $270. Car still smelled of mildew. 8/19-8/29- water leak cause windshield leaking 2 places, wires soaked resealed windshield 23502501.1fs67bd1aa bezel seat belt anchor, 23111600ag module front control, 01890580, reprogrammed fcm85410000 diagnostic time safe light rr dash clean all connectors replaced front control module. 8/31- car died on freeway again, water on floor board, panel shorted out again. Towed to dealership sitting at dealership. Dealership says not their problem and manufacturer says not their problem. Monroney sticker missing on car when purchased 9/19/2007 from dealership in giddings.

- Victoria , TX, USA

Dec 242006

Aspen 8-cyl

We purchased a 2007 Chrysler Aspen Dec 23, 2006. The next day the car suddenly lurched while I was backing out of the driveway at my inlaws' home. It was shocking & my family was shouting out for me to stop the car. I was able to control it & keep from hitting other vehicles but it was very difficult. The next week I went to exit the parking lot of our safeway store to go on to the main street. I was stopped to turn right when the car lurched into oncoming traffic. Horns blared & cars swerved to avoid hitting me. I was just waiting to be hit! I took the car to dealer w/466 miles on it. They said they "could not verify concern; operating as designed at this time." In Feb while I was backing out of our garage the car lurched violently when I put it in reverse & jumped about 3 feet. My wife was standing in the doorway & began screaming. She called the service rep crying because she believed I would be killed if I continued to drive it. I took it to dealer. They kept it, & were "unable to verify concern; vehicle is operating as designed at this time; miles out 1040." My wife refuses to drive the car because of this life threatening defect. Also when you insert key in the ignition it starts @ 1300 RPM's. the dealer says we should let car settle down to about 600 RPM's which requires a full minute of waiting in the car before you can start to move. They think this might be part of the problem but tell us there is no way to fix it. So we have a car that must sit before you can use it; you absolutely cannot ever valet it for fear the attendant might be involved in a lurching incident. On June 4, 2007 service advisor told me 3 other Aspens are reporting this problem. We are setting up a mtg w/GM to arrange to turn in this car. My wife has set up a file on the car & advised family members where it is in the event we are killed in an accident while driving this car so they can investigate if the lurching/bucking action of the car caused the accident.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA