2.1

2007 Chrysler Aspen fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Aspen:

2007 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Feb 192016

Aspen

Summary: Fuel gushed out of the tank and sprayed over the SUV and myself at the gas station when I was refueling my vehicle. This seems to be an ongoing safety problem with this make and model that has not been corrected by the manufacturer.the vehicle was parked at the gas station and I was standing next to it. This has happed every time I fill up for the last year.

- Cedar Park, TX, USA

Oct 262015

Aspen

Was refueling car at gas station and after about a gallon or two the gas started spurting back at me.the tank wasn't full, the pump did not stop. This has been an ongoing problem since Feb 2014. Purchased car used from dealer. When I called service center, gentleman said there were no recalls on this vehicle. I have read many posts where the very same thing happens on this same make/ model.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Sep 102009

Aspen 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Aspen. When refueling the vehicle, fuel spewed out of the tank. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact mentioned that the fuel cap was previously replaced, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 105,000. Updated 11/04/15 another dealer offered to fix the vehicle free of charge. Updated 01/16/16. The consumer stated the dealer offered to repair the vehicle free of charge. Updated 2/1/2016

- Aviston, IL, USA

Feb 012013

Aspen

When pumping gas if I do not stop before tank is full, the pump will stop and when I pull out of tank, gas erupts out of gas cap. It does not leak, it sprays and overflows crazy. For awhile it was not all the time, now it does it consistently and even though I have checked and purchased new gas caps since that what I was told was issue, it still does. Check engine will be on as well as gas cap message in odometer.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 102014

Aspen

I was putting gas in the car and all of a sudden, the gas if shooting back on me. I was on my way to work and had to go home and change because I had gas all over me, the car and the ground. I don't have money to dry clean my clothing. It is also a hazard and I am not pleased at all.

- Shreveport, LA, USA

Jan 112013

Aspen 4WD 8-cyl

Every time I fill my fuel tank, approx. One gallon of gasoline shoots back out. I get covered in gasoline, along with the side of the vehicle and ground, causing a very hazardous situation. Any type of spark could cause me to go on fire, as well as the car and fueling station. This needs to be addressed by the manufacturer. How many people need to complain before someone gets injured or killed. I have personally viewed thousands of the same complaint.

- Islip, NY, USA

Dec 162013

Aspen

On multiple accounts, gas spits out after fueling. This began approximately around Dec. 2013 and continues to become more aggravating over time as it continues to do this every time I fill up.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

May 022011

Aspen 8-cyl

Every time I fuel up gas overflows spilling onto my vehicle and ground.

- Nisswa, MN, USA

Oct 012012

Aspen

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Aspen. The contact stated that gasoline spilled to the ground whenever the fuel tank was filled. The failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer to have a diagnostic performed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 100,000 and the current mileage was 110,000. The VIN was not available.

- Lasalle , MI, USA

Dec 182012

Aspen

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Aspen. The contact stated that while refueling, fuel ejected from the vehicle. The contact also stated that the check engine light illuminates intermittently. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000.

- Greenville, NC, USA