$2,900.00

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2002 Chrysler Concorde engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chrysler Concorde:

2002 Chrysler Concorde Owner Comments

Dec 262012

Concorde LX 3.5L

THE CAR DIED OUT ON MY WIFE I HAD IT TOWED TO MY MECHANIC NOTHING BUT BAD NEWS HE TOLD ME THAT THE OIL PAN IS CRACK AND IT DRAIN OUT ALL OF THE OIL NOT A DROP IN IT A USE ENGINE WILL COST ME 1200 PLUS 800 TO PUT IT IN TOTAL OF 1800 DOLLARS I HAVE NO CHOICE NOW I HAVE TO FIX IT SO THAT I CAN SELL IT I DON'T WANT IT ANY MORE WOW THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS.

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Aug 012008

Concorde Limited 3.5L V6

Bought this car from a local dealer,with 44.000 miles on the odometer. Babied it , took great care in maintaining it. Even discovered later that it had been damaged and the dealer didn't tell me. Said a carfax "wasn't necessary". Motor blew at 66K, something in the bottom end. MY last Chrysler and definitely my last car from this dealer.

- , Geneva, NY, USA

Sep 052007

Concorde LX 2.7L

I own a 2002 Chrysler Concorde that after only 79,000 miles the engine blew up due to excessive oil sludge. I had to put a new engine in the car which cost me almost $4000.00 on top on my loan since I'm still paying for the car. It gave me no warning signs before it happened. I was driving down the road about 45 mph and when I stopped the engine died and started smoking really bad so I pulled over to the side of the road to get out of the way of oncoming traffic. I then had to have it towed to the mechanics' shop where they had it for 2 1/2 weeks. I have 2 children and a full time job so getting around during that time was real difficult since I had no vehicle. The mechanic said that there was an overly excessive amount of sludge blocking oil passages. I had the oil changed every 3,000 miles faithfully so this should not have happened. I think I deserve to get reimbursed for this huge inconvenience and it was obviously a problem with Chrysler's' engines and nothing to do with me. I contacted Chrysler main plant in Michigan and they wanted nothing to do with my complaint and they wouldn't even talk to me. I had a warranty that was up at 70,000 miles and this happened at 79,000, what a coincidence? This is wrong of Chrysler to treat their customers like this and I will never purchase another and neither will anyone that I know. I have told everyone about this even if I didn't know them so Chrysler is losing a lot of business. I would think that they would try to resolve this but they're not. DO NOT BUY A CHRYSLER!!

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA