2.5

2004 Chrysler Crossfire electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire:

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 102011

Crossfire 6-cyl

Vehicle leaks water into driver side compartment every time it rains. As it does so the blower motor fills with water and can lead to a fire starting in the cars cabin. Chrysler was contacted but no repair was offered though this problem is a manufacturing defect.

- Fl, FL, USA

Jan 012010

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact stated that the ignition switch and steering wheel lock prevented her from starting the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who was not able to diagnose the failure, but stated that the ignition switch might be defective. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance and referred the contact to NHTSA. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage was 60,000.

- Loop , TX, USA

Jul 222011

Crossfire 6-cyl

Ignition problem turning the key to start my 2004 Crossfire. There are times it is taking 10 to 15 minutes to start my car. I have to keep jiggling the steering wheel and repeatedly turning the key to get it to finally turn to start my vehicle. I am seeing other complaints about the same problem and believe this is a defect that Chrysler should be addressing. I also now am wondering reading the other complaints if there may be a problem with the steering lock system that will cause a problem while driving. Since I am experiencing the trouble now with starting my vehicle I don't want to have problem with this locking while driving. I will be contacting the dealership in my area to see what needs to be done to fix this issue. I believe something needs to be addressed with this because being a women I don't won't to be stranded because of this issue that I feel is a defect in the design. I don't believe at 46,000 miles I should be having this issue.

- Blue Springs, MO, USA

Jul 012011

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact sated that the ignition failed and the vehicle would not start. The vehicle was towed to a local mechanic who located the failure at the ignition housing. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and the current mielage was 112,000.

- Traci , CA, USA

Mar 222009

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact stated the ignition key failed to turn while in the ignition. After numerous attempts, over a period of two hours the key was turned. The failure occurred four times. Previously when turning the key in the ignition it became extremely difficult and required force. The failure was not diagnosed nor was the vehicle repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The failure mileage was approximately 30,000.

- Tempe, AZ, USA

Sep 012007

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler cross fire. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. After several attempts, the contact was able to restart the vehicle yet the vehicle later stalled without warning as the contact decelerated to a stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer five times where the technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Elkridge, MD, USA

Mar 062008

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. In July of 2007, the motor in the vehicle began to fail intermittently. In March of 2009, the vehicle would shut down without warning. After the vehicle was parked, it would not restart. The dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The dealer believed that the failure was electrical and suggested replacing some parts in the electrical area. The contact would have to pay $300 for the part replacement. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure mileage was 30,000 and current mileage was 44,000.

- East Pointe, MI, USA

Jul 012008

Crossfire

Ignition on my 2004 Chrysler Crossfire has stopped working and the key will not turn. This does not allow me to start my car. Brought my car to the dealership and they lubed the ignition and worked fine for the last three months. Now my car is having the same problem and the dealership says that my warranty has expired and they want to charge me $800!!! the car is an 2004 I bought the car in 2006 with 2,080 miles and the car only has 24,000 on it now and I haven't had any other problems except for parts on the car!! this is sooo frustrating because I am constantly having to take off time from work again costing me more money to have this fixed. Not to mention how the car companies want the tax payers money to bail them out with the financial crisis. Then they should starting building better cars except for from their perspective it is probably fine because that means they will have more cars sales which is more money in their pockets. When are we going to start taking care of the tax payers??

- Lomita , CA, USA

May 232003

Crossfire 6-cyl

Auto/transmission/electrical system. I'm just so glad that this is a drive by wire car, especially when the cars electrical system can't regulate its voltage properly. You would think that daimler would have the electrical system built as tough as nails. Seeing that the cars life support is all dependent upon pulse power. So my complaint is do to the cars failure to regulate its power, it cooked my transmissions drive plate located internally on top of the valve body. Then surged back to the transmission control module & fried that. And some how, and I can't figure out why this occurred but, the internal gears inside my throttle body got fused together. This is strange to me seeing that the gears are made out of a composite. So with all that has occurred it has left the car lifeless for over 90 days now. I have contacted Chrysler Corp. Offices through there website, pleading with them to exchange the broken pieces. They only responded with "contact you dealer" so I have sent multiple "parts and service requests" to the two dealerships that I can go to. One is a " " five star dealership, and the other is not. I never once got a response from either one. Daimler said take it to the dealership, so I replied "the car does not drive", so again I requested a parts exchange, and again the same stock response "contact your dealer"...bla bla. I am more than qualified to install all parts that are needed to be replaced. I guess the rumors are all try, about Chrysler turning their backs on customers once the car has been sold. All I know is I am not paying for this, or heads will roll.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Jun 222005

Crossfire

The vehicle was being driven on the interstate with the cruise control set. Upon approaching an exit, the brakes were applied and the car lurched forward. The brakes were applied again and the vehicle accelerated at a high rate of speed. After several successive attempts to brake the vehicle, the cruise control was finally overridden. The dealership where the vehicle was obtained replaced the switch that governs the cruise control and braking system. This switch failed, which caused the vehicle to accelerate when the brakes were applied. According to the dealership's service department, this occurred because the vehicle identified the braking as climbing a grade and it was accelerating in order to maintain the speed at which the cruise was set.

- Silver Lake, KS, USA

Oct 012004

Crossfire 6-cyl

Its two things. I think because of one failure, it has caused another. The electronic system and over voltage, the failure of the voltage regulator in the alternator, I believe has caused the problems with the drivetrain (automatic transmission, and the hydrolic braking system) I have noticed significant pressure loss when applying brakes. In addition to that, when coming to a stop the car jerks back and forth in while in 1st or 2nd gear, as if the clutch wasn't engaging. However I could get that to jerking to stop if I applied the brakes really hard. 3-D wouldn't jerk, however it would slam down into the lower gears when coming to the stop. The electrical problem started happening back in October. The trans, and hydrolic issues just started happening May 23, 2005.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Apr 072004

Crossfire 6-cyl

My car's spoiler malfunctioned the first day; it would jam in the up position. My windshield sprayer wouldn't work either. The clock advances on its own by approximately 2 min each day. All of these problems existed from day one, as I drove off of the dealers lot. First two problems were fixed with a lot of agony. My clock hasn't been fixed. I've taken it to the dealer twice and they were unable to reproduce the "code" each time. I'm ready to return the car.

- Glendale, CA, USA

Jul 072003

Crossfire 6-cyl

I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. The radio display is very dim and cannot be read N normal daylight conditions. This a possible safety hazard for those who will concentrate on the radio instead of the road. Althought I don't believe I woould do this I find myseld looking at the radio trying to see the station when I should be keeping my eyes on the road. The situation is made very sangerous by the dim display.

- Panama City, FL, USA