CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chrysler Crossfire has a nasty habit of having the back window fall out. While there are reports of this happening to every model year (2004-08), the 2005 has it worst. Naturally this problem tends to happen beyond the standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty leaving owners to pick up the tab along with the shattered pieces of glass.

2.7

2005 Chrysler Crossfire accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire:

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Oct 262016

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact stated that while driving at 30 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. In addition, the rear window fractured and became loose from the hedges. The vehicle was taken to be repaired but the details were unknown. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 61,000.

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 312016

Crossfire

The rear window fell out of the convertible top due to poor installation and adhesive used.

- Marina Del Rey, CA, USA

Aug 212016

Crossfire

Leaving my driveway, going to a marion N.Y. car show, doing about 45 mph on the street, louder noise than usual was heard and looked to the rear of vehicle with my rear view mirror and seen that the rear window came undone.could have hurt or killed someone if I would been driving on the nys thruway at a, (conciderally faster rate of speed posted on the thruway.)vehicle has approximately,50,000 miles regestered on speedometer.

- Lancaster, NY, USA

Aug 132016

Crossfire

While driving my car, to the coast on the highway, the back window started making loud flopping noise, it scared me to death, I didn't know what was going on, I pulled over and noticed that the back window had separated from the convertible top and was just hanging at the top. It scared me to death. I didn't know what to do, so I took the down down, because I thought for sure I would loose the whole window if I continued with the top up.

- Halsey, OR, USA

Jun 282016

Crossfire

The rear windshield has become detached. The car is located in Indiana and there was no visible warning that this was coming apart. I have contacted a convertible company and they are quoting 1900 for replacement of the whole top. In reading others complaints I would like to know the status of the NHTSA's investigation of this issue. The car was in motion and the rear started to sound like something was banging against the body of the car. This prompted me to pull over to investigate. Due to this issue the car is not safe to drive in its current state.

- Bainbridge, IN, USA

Jun 272016

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible. While driving 35 mph, the rear window separated and detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,111.

- Saint Ann, IL, USA

May 162016

Crossfire

I was driving my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertible with the top up on a highway at 65 miles per hour when the rear window fell into the car, which caused me to swerve due to the loud noise and commotion nearly causing an accident. Luckily, I realized there was no immediate danger and was able to maintain control of the car. This car is garaged and driven fewer than 6,000 miles per year! (mostly with the top down!)

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Apr 122016

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the rear window detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer or independent mechanic to be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 52,000.

- Maumee, OH, USA

Mar 112016

Crossfire

The back glass of my 2005 Chrysler crossfire has become loose from the top. It happened when I was driving down the road as I heard it bump against the car body. I know Chrysler extended the warranty on this issue, but I feel this is a safety issue first and the company should do a recall to make this right.

- Deland, FL, USA

Jan 222016

Crossfire

In April of 2015 I noticed that rear window is separating from the convertible top. Since then I have driven very little fearing that the glass may fall out completely.

- Sterling, VA, USA

Aug 152015

Crossfire

During a heavy summer rain/windstorm the rear window became mostly detached and fell inward into the car while driving on an interstate.

- Dexter, NY, USA

Jun 232015

Crossfire

In July, the rear glass window fell out (part of the glass is still attached) while driving the vehicle on a street. Unknown to me, this issue was a common problem on the 2005 model (the glass adhesive failed). Although Chrysler extended the warranty on the top for 10 years, the warranty covers only cars purchase with specific vins. Unfortunately, my car was not covered or I was not notified., the window repair (actually a top replacement) is not covered under warranty. I have proped up the window so I can drive the car, the alturnitive is to a new top. For about $2,000

- Lynbrook, NY, USA

Jul 232015

Crossfire

I came outside to find that the rear window of the convertible top had come loose and was laying on the rear deck being held to the fabric in 1 small place. The car had been parked outside for 1 day. Luckily it didn't fall out while I was driving, potentially shattering the glass near my head. Until the car is repaired it is unusable in foul weather due to water running in the passenger compartment.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Aug 272015

Crossfire

In late August, the rear glass window fell out (part of the glass is still attached) while driving the vehicle on a city street. Unknown to us, this issue was a common problem on the 2005 model (the glass adhesive failed). Although Chrysler extended the warranty on the top for 10 years, the warranty covers only cars purchase in 10 select states. Unfortunately, our car was not purchased in one of those states. Thus, the window repair (actually a top replacement) is not covered under warranty. Chrysler refused to fix the top. Ended up taking the car to a local upholstery shop to have a plastic window 'sownż into the top so that we could continue to drive the vehicle. This repair was more affordable than the cost of an entire new top (almost $2,000). The plastic window replacement cost $500.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Apr 012014

Crossfire

The rear window on the convertible top has come unglued and is falling out, the defroster on the rear window became disconnected from the window due to this problem making defrosting of the rear window impossible and hinders visibility. Nothing unusual has been done to contribute to this issue other than normal use.

- Butler, PA, USA

Sep 252015

Crossfire

2005 Crossfire convertible top back glass defective factory used adhesive came mostly separated from top. The part glass still had adhesive tore top. I had it glued but entire top needs replacing. Glass came loose while parked. The design and adhesive should have been better product. I have had other convertibles here in Mississippi and never had this happen. Chrysler should replace all these tops. Back glass reglued with window-weld. It not perfect now because glass tore top when fell out. Love the car hate the top. Hope they will stand behind their name.

- Madison, MS, USA

Sep 152015

Crossfire

Rear window fell out while driving, recently purchased vehicle so did not know about extended warranty that was offered extending to 2015. Can not find replacement.

- Flowery Branch, GA, USA

Jul 202015

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact stated that the rear window separated from the convertible top. The failure occurred on two occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 49,000. The VIN was not provided.

- Greeneville, TN, USA

Jul 302015

Crossfire

During a severe rainstorm the rear window glass detached from the convertible top allowing severe flooding of the interior of the vehicle causing various electrical failures to occur. This sudden and unexpected event caused an emergency stop in traffic that could have resulted in an accident. The residual damage from this event affects rear window visibility and electrical failures that involve the operation of the locking system, the anti fog rear window capability and other electrical systems in the rear part of the vehicle which I cannot access because of the inoperative top and trunk.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jul 242015

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact observed that when the top of his vehicle was down, the rear windshield would detach from the vehicle. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000.

- Howard, OH, USA