1998 Dodge Caravan accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Caravan:

1998 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 142001

My Caravan has bench seats that do not have headrests, but do have attachment points for the headrests. I have recently noticed (2 or 3 weeks ago) that my daughter's head extends above the top of the seat. In the event of a collision, her head would snap back over the top of the seat. This could cause a serious injury. I called the dealership and found that, when I bought my van, headrests were considered accessories, but are now standard equipment. I believe that they are now standard equipment because Chrysler realized its potential liability. The approximate cost of 4 headrests is $800. I E-mailed Chrysler about this and received neither sympathy nor satisfaction. In my last E-mail, I mentioned the safety issue. They are no longer answering my E-mails. I did not realize that they may be responsible to correct this defect. Please help.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Jun 192001

Vehicle has no adjustable restraints. There are holes planted inside of vehicle for a headrest. Dealership is aware of problem. The middle and rear seats have no head restraints.

- Urbandale, IA, USA