1998 Dodge Caravan cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Caravan:

1998 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Sep 062004

Caravan 6-cyl

The engine appeared to continue running one day after a short run to the grocery store. I went to my mechanic and he diagnosed the problem as my radiator fan. Further, he found the item was a recall problem and suggested I take the van to the dealer. I did the following day, they researched and stated it was not a recall item although my mechanic had given me the memo indicating it was on recall. In order to avoid hurting the engine, I authorized the dealer to make the repair with plans to file a complaint for reimbursement at a later date.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 182004

The consumer stated that the radiator fan did not work which caused the vehicle to overheat. The consumer had the fan relay replaced by an aftermarket repair shop. This vehicle's year, make, and model is currently being recalled for this defect, however the vehicle identification number was not included.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA