7.3

1998 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Caravan:

1998 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Oct 012009

Caravan 3.3L

THE DODGE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM, BUT BECAUSE WOMEN AND CHILDREN ARE THE MAIN PEOPLE IN THE VAN, THEY WILL NOT AND I REPEAT, WILL NOT, DO A RECALL, THEY WOULD RATHER WE BUY A NEW CAR OR PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR SOMETHING THEY KNOW ABOUT. GUESS IF MORE MEN COMPLAINED SOMETHING WOULD GET DONE.

PAT

- , New Haven, CT, USA

Apr 052010

Caravan LX 3.8L

If there is someone who knows the solution to this,PLEASE HELP ME?

- , Knoxville, TN, USA

Jun 012007

Caravan 3.3L

This is a real pain. My inspection is out of date, I've gotten a ticket already. The check Engine light is on and the code revealed was p1698. Midas told me I need a new PCM...$800!!!! Could be a loose connection but I have no idea where to look. This seems to be a common problem with these caravans and should have been a recall!! Anyone with any help for me would be appreciated. I DO NOT want to put much more money into this car!!

- , Darien, NY, USA