7.0

2. replace ecm (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Caravan:

1999 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 012009

Caravan 3.0L V6

My 99 Dodge Caravan would die if idling, stopped at light, and die and self restart automatically (in 1 or 2 seconds) if it occurred while driving. I replaced my ECM which took approx $250 and 1 Hour for self installation. The company i dealt with is out of Florida, and provided a reliable refurbished one to me. You provide your VIN, and Mileage, and a few other details to them. They ship to you, and you return the old one in the box they sent you. Very easy to deal with.

- , Humble, TX, USA

Aug 102011

Caravan 3.3L

My 1999 Dodge Caravan 3.3L starts right up but it has now started stalling when I turn the wheel either direction. It doesn't matter if it's in park, drive, or reverse, it stalls. Seems if I keep my foot on the gas pedal when I put it into gear it will stay running but as soon as I turn the wheel & let off gas it stalls. Any ideas what the problem is here? I cant even make it out of my driveway & honestly too afraid to try.

- , Bloomington, IL, USA