8.0

2000 Dodge Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Caravan:

2000 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 012010

Caravan Sport 3.3L

I own a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport. I bought it new. The day it went over the original warranty coverage, (64,000 miles) I think is the day it started to fall apart. Both auto windows failed, $600 to fix at the dealer. Water pump, belts, starter, battery. That is normal maintenance I know, but then started the trouble with he brakes. The brakes have needed complete replacement so many times that JiffyLube put them back in TWICE with no charge. No one could figure out what was wrong. The AC blew out at 75,000 miles. It was a $1200 estimate to fix because you have to work so long to get to the stupid thing. It now has 100,000 well-maintained miles on it and the CV joints are ready to break off, terrible clicking noise when I turn the wheels. There is a rust hole the size of a grapefruit over the left front wheel well, the right front headlight FELL OUT because the flimsy piece of plastic that holds it in just broke off, and now the transmission is totally gone. Started slipping and before I could get it to anyone, the fluid was running out as fast as I could pour it in.

I am car shopping this week and will NEVER BUY ANOTHER CHRYSLER PRODUCT AGAIN. TOTAL JUNK.

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 072003

Caravan

Brakes had to be replaced, went to NTB (they are trust worthy) Dodge tried to replace them a second time within 14K miles! Brakes don't feel right, yet AGAIN. I've read about the problems owners are having with the ABS system. Not a good situation if you need to replace your brakes every year!

- , Dracut, MA, USA