1. tune-up (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Caravan:

2000 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Mar 042005

I got this exact same problem. Thankfully the dealer had replaced the rack with minimum charge. It was covered by the extended warranty. Talking about extended warranty - I don't know if this is really necessary. My Dodge is really giving me a lot of problems lately. Recently I found out that most problems are not covered by the extended warranty although when the car was sold Certified Pre-Owned the dealer had made me believe that signing on to a two year Gold Extended Warranty would save me a lot of hassle and money. We'll it did the first time when that steering rack was replaced but suceeding problems like low battery, worn brake mounting, broken PCV, knocking sound in the engine, belts, tune-ups and even speedmeter malfunctions which are all lately coming up after only a year of normal usage are not. The extended warranty, I was told is only if the transmission or power train or the AC blew up or have catastropic failure which were unlikely to happen. Makes me wonder why I signed for it in the first place! It is a lesson I would never ever made a mistake all over again.

- , Mississauga, ON, Canada