2. replaced steering rack and pump (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Caravan steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Caravan:

2000 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 152011

Caravan 3.3L

I was driving and all of a sudden there was a snap then a burning rubber smell then the next thing you know i couldn't even turn the steering wheel and within a hr my battery was dead and i was stalled it wouldn't do anything.

- , Racine, WI, USA

Sep 072003

The van is 3 years old, and has had the tough steering issue from the 6 month mark. I brought it to the dealer 4 times for same issue. Never found it till now! That's because the steering locked up and the serpentine belt SNAPPED while I was driving and I nearly crashed! They claim that had nothing to do with my steering issue. NOW they somehow found the cause, the steering rack and pump. Hmm.... that's covered under my extended warranty.

I do NOT trust Dodge and will not buy another product from them. I have multiple issues with this van, this is only entry #1!

- , Dracut, MA, USA