1. changed the blower resistor located behind glove box, easy DIY fix (2 reports)
2001 Dodge Caravan AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Caravan:

2001 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Mar 202007

Caravan SE 3.3L V6

I had to change the blower motor resistor three different times on this vehicle and they (scranton dodge) which is a dodge dealer... told me that is a common part to go on the caravans... which is not covered under the extended warranty that i purchased with my vehicle

- , Scranton, PA, USA

Feb 212007

Caravan Sport 3.8L

My A/C, Heater was stuck on high. (both front and back) I didn't know what the problem was or what the solution could be. I read up on the internet, that all you needed to do is to change the blower resistor. Not sure of the cost of the Blower resistor, but found one for my 01 Dodge Grand Caravan (part number 04885583AB) on ebay. I am not very good at repairs, but decided to try it out. Here are steps that fixed my problem.

1. Remove items from glovebox 2. Push the tabs on glovebox inward, so that the box drops down. Blower resistor will be right in front. 3. Remove the two groupings of wires (It was tight, but if you push tab on larger one it will come out. On the smaller one, you may need to use a flat screw driver to push tab in.) 4. Remove the two screws of the Blower resistor, and replace with new one, then tighten screws. 5. Plug in both sets of wires.

On a scale of one to ten for difficulty, I would rate this a 1. This may not fix your problem, but it did fix mine. Please check and see what year your car is before you order your resistor.

- , Normal, IL, USA