2001 Dodge Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Caravan:

2001 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Apr 032001

Caravan

Landmark Dodge realigned the front end and replaced both calipers during a three month timespan. This did not eleminate the problem. I contacted the manufacture, and was asked to take the vehicle to champion crysler for a second opinion. I did this. They told me that the alignment was way out of specfications for this vehicle and they reset it to sepcs. I then was asked to test the vehicle to see if they had made a change. I did this. While testing the vehicle a large Ford pickup pulled out in front of my wife. She hit the brakes and the wheels locked and our vehicle made a 90 degree right turn without her even turning the steering wheel. At this point I returned the vehicle to champion crysler and refused to drive it any longer. My family's safety is more important to me than to let them ride in this defective vehicle.

- Independence, MO, USA