2002 Dodge Caravan brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Caravan:

2002 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Jun 052014

Caravan

On 6/5/14 while driving down the hwy at 65mph a deer had bolted out in front of my 02 Caravan. I had reaction time with hitting my brakes until my brake light illuminated & my van continues sliding on dry pavement, I attempted hitting my horn but noticed the section of the steering wheel that the horn iss located was rock hard & could not be pushed in even the slightest. I ended up hitting the deer dead center of the front of my van, crumpled my hood, cracking my radiator, headlight assemlies, grill & cooling fans. My airbags never deployed. Since this incident my brake light illuminated just about every time I press on the brakes & come to a rest lasting 30 second or longer & will go off moments after releasing the pedal. Approx mileage 165, 000 road conditions were dry, daylight & 100% visibility.

- Eveleth, MN, USA

Dec 072005

Caravan

The contact owns a 2002 Dodge Caravan. The contact stated that he brakes failed to disengage after starting the vehicle. The contact stated that once the vehicle was turned on the brakes made a loud noise and the ABS light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician was unable to diagnose the problem. However, they replaced the rotor and pads. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000 and the current mileage was 114,000. The VIN number was unavailable.

- Prairie Farm, WI, USA