1. repaired at the dealer (1 reports)
2002 Dodge Caravan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Caravan:

2002 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Aug 242009

Caravan SE 3.3L

I paid $207.51 on a repair that I should not have had to make and certainly should not have to pay for. I complained to Dodge customer assistance, and they denied any reimbursement saying the vehicle is out of warranty.

When I bought this car, I knew I would have to pay for consumable items like brakes and tires. I also took the risk that I might have to repair or replace auxiliary components like the water pump and power steering pump. I did not take the risk that I would have to pay more than $200 extra to protect against an air bag deploying accidentally while I am driving or failing to deploy in case of a collision.

The air bag system is a required safety item that should last the life of the car. I should not have to pay to keep it in service. Chrysler apparently disagrees. This is my 4th Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicle. With customer service like this, it ought to be my last.

- , Foxboro, MA, USA